Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig sued over defective pistols

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Soooo what training ammunition are they using? Anyone know? Interesting.
    The ammo used is factory Speer Lawman 124grain FMJ training ammo. Some of the P229s also had issues with the duty Speer Gold Dot 124 grain. Yet there were no issues with this same "training" ammo with the previous SIG P228s. They current Glock 19 is also having zero problems.
    Last edited by Kram; 05-24-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Well that certainly puts a different spin on it. Just about every department I know of in NJ uses the Lawman ammo for training since most carry GD duty ammo. State contract don't you know. This is certainly not poor quality ammo.

The Sig letter refers to the guns being modified per the NJSP request. I wonder what modifications were requested and if unmodified 229’s run with no issues.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post

The Sig letter refers to the guns being modified per the NJSP request. I wonder what modifications were requested and if unmodified 229’s run with no issues.
    The guns were the Enhanced Elite P229's with external extractor. Front strap checkering, night sights, SRT trigger, beaver tail, FCS, etc. The issued guns were no different then those sold on the commercial market. The trigger pull was not altered or changed either. They had the standard 10LB/4.5LB pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    The guns were the Enhanced Elite P229's with external extractor. Front strap checkering, night sights, SRT trigger, beaver tail, FCS, etc. The issued guns were no different then those sold on the commercial market. The trigger pull was not altered or changed either. They had the standard 10LB/4.5LB pull.
    The abysmal concept and implementation of the long external MIM extractor raises its ugly head again.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

So S&W has had the external extractor figured out since the implimentation of the Mdl 39 but Sig can't? Shame on you Sig.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Vending Machine Operator
    All my Sigs have the short legacy extractor (P220R, P226R, P229R) and have always extracted strong and true, though my P226 did double-feed a few times before I learned to lubricate it properly.. Over time, it has become clear that the new extractor design is inferior. I wonder if they'll ever go back.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-24-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    The ammo used is factory Speer Lawman 124grain FMJ training ammo. Some of the P229s also had issues with the duty Speer Gold Dot 124 grain. Yet there were no issues with this same "training" ammo with the previous SIG P228s. They current Glock 19 is also having zero problems.
    Wow. Yeah if they won't run on Lawman then something is definitely at fault with the guns. I figured they were .40S&W or .357Sig 229s that were messing up.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Does anybody know if there's differences in the rail vs non-rail frames that might mechanically make one stronger than the other (like beretta and straight vs slant dust covers)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    All my Sigs have the short legacy extractor (P220R, P226R, P229R) and have always extracted strong and true, though my P226 did double-feed a few times before I learned to lubricate it properly.. Over time, it has become clear that the new extractor design is inferior. I wonder if they'll ever go back.
    Were there ever MIM short extractors? Or are they all machined?

My understanding was that the design of the short extractor precluded the use of MIM. (I guess b/c it's too small?) So they designed the long extractor from the ground up as a MIM solution. Not sure if that's 100% correct though.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Were there ever MIM short extractors? Or are they all machined?

My understanding was that the design of the short extractor precluded the use of MIM. (I guess b/c it's too small?) So they designed the long extractor from the ground up as a MIM solution. Not sure if that's 100% correct though.
    There was a batch or two of 220 MIM extractors, but it had high failure rates due to MIM binder sometimes bunching up in the leg. From what I understand they never attempted it with the rest of the Classic P series.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 05-24-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

User Tag List