Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 LR ammo - what do you use?

Yeah, I've had a lot of failures to fire in my Marlin bolt with Remington ammo. Open the bolt, rotate the case, try again. Usually goes on the second or third time.

I just stay away from it now.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Blazer .22 they are mini mags but sold in bulk much better price

Blazer .22 they are mini mags but sold in bulk much better price
    No. Mini Mags are very different. On average, Mini Mags group better for me, but Blazer is my 1st choice for bulk ammo.

where to buy?

Where are you guys (and gals) purchasing your ammo from? In particular, where do you buy ammo in bulks larger than 500 rounds? I went to Walmart to buy and got 555 rounds of the Winchester 36 grain. I was at Sportsman's Warehouse today but, the bulk was only in 500 and more expensive (Federal) than the Winchester.

Big box stores, and local gun shops are not the place to go shopping for ammo. Generally speaking...........my local shop happens to be a huge internet ammo dealer as well, so obviously there are exceptions.

If you want bulk ammo, get out and use the same thing you are using now. The internet.

Here is but one example of a place that sells in quantities beyond 500 round bricks.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index....mo-solid-point
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Big box stores, and local gun shops are not the place to go shopping for ammo. Generally speaking...........my local shop happens to be a huge internet ammo dealer as well, so obviously there are exceptions.

If you want bulk ammo, get out and use the same thing you are using now. The internet.

Here is but one example of a place that sells in quantities beyond 500 round bricks.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index....mo-solid-point

Thank you for the link. I found that website last night when I was searching for 22LR ammo. On that website, I wonder what the difference is (besides the price) between the CCI Blazer, the Winchester Wildcat and the Federal Champion in terms of misfires and accuracy? They all use 40 grain.

Blazer is very reliable, not sure on the others. Best bet is to try before you buy a large quantity. .22s can be picky about what they like.

Federal champion is accurate enough for plinking. I'd buy a box of each at Walmart and see what works well in your gun.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

I use a lot of Remington Thunderbolts. Even used to shoot Bullseye matches with them some years back. Very few problems for me, despite all the complaints I see about them.

Also Federal 36 grain hollowpoints in the bulk packs.

For .22 benchrest rifle matches with a Remington 40X I have used Aquila Rifle Match and Wolf Match Target. Wolf Match Target shoots well in almost everything. Too bad the Obama economy has made it so expensive.

Had some problems in a Beretta 21A with keyholing Stingers. Works well in other guns. Not much of it left in my accumulation these days.

try several

I think I will buy a hundred rounds or so of the popular rounds listed on this thread and see how that goes. The Winchesters that I am currently using are hollow points and I wonder if that leads to inaccuracy at 25 yards or more?

User Tag List