Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WML

Site Supporter

WML

I'd like to get a WML, which ones should I be considering? I've eyed a TLR-1s, but I'm open to other options, as long as they don't drain the bank account.

I really liked my TLR-3. Ultra compact, and very bright for its rated lumens. It's brighter than any of the dive lights I have in the same lumen range, and also seemed brighter than a C5L I played around with on a friends gun.

If I were going for top of the line, I'd get an X5L. Awesome piece with a bright light unlike the C5L, very compact, and I've found green lasers way easier to pick up than red.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The TLR-1s is hard to argue with, bright, durable, and overall pretty decent. I cannot suggest the TLR-3, I am unsure how it made it past the engineering department at Streamlight.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Personally, I don't care for the light/laser combos but that's just me.

I have a couple of TLR-1s models and have been very happy with them. However, I'm not a really hard use operator. One of mine lives on a nightstand gun and the other is on one of my carry guns. Both have seen live fire on multiple occasions and still function as intended.

This topic comes up in nearly every defensive pistol course I've taken. Multiple instructors (high speed types) have stated it's SureFire or the Streamlight TLR series or nothing.

If money were no object I'd prob have SureFires. I had a X200b a while back and liked it. The issue for me is limited resources though so for the price of one SureFire I could get 2-3 TLR-1s. It is also notable nearly every major holster maker will make something to accommodate a TLR-1.

For me;
    • recommended by folks I trust
    • within budget to allow multiples
    • easy holster fit

... these all made my decision for TLR-1s easy.

I bought my TRL-1 used for $60 bucks. It's bright, tough, and well built. I like the UI.

It resides on my .357 M&P that serves nightstand duty.

I've been pleased with it, but I've never run it real hard either.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Realistically, I won't run it hard, but I don't want a POS.

I am a huge fan of the Surefire X300, the weapon light is overbuilt and has an awesome track record, also its backed by Surefire's exquisite warranty.
    Chemist.

If you don't mind buying used, you can probably get an older x200 for a good price. I like two things about the SF lights vs. the TRL series:
    - the way the momentary switch works
    - the DG switches

I have an x200a and an x200b. One is used for my duty pistol on SWAT missions and one is currently sitting on my SBR.

Our patrol rifles sport the TRL-1 since they were priced right and we needed to replace the old Pentagon lights that were starting to fail.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the TRL or th SF x200/300 series. I don't have any experience with the Viridian series.

Site Supporter
    FWIW: I would prefer to buy new.

New? Definitely TLR then.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/711...aluminum-matte

$100 new.

I don't think there is a better deal in WMLs anywhere.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List