Thread: How I fixed my AR15

How I fixed my AR15

Blog post

I'm thinking the obstruction might have had something to do with the screw breaking.
    #RESIST

I am assuming the gas key was not staked? Since you were able to get it back off multiple times.

Love that handguard, I built 2 uppers myself using it.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Nice bro! I picked up a 13" TRX Extreme during the sale, and am contemplating a 15". Really enjoy your blog, and the guys here do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Nice bro! I picked up a 13" TRX Extreme during the sale, and am contemplating a 15". Really enjoy your blog, and the guys here do as well.
    Thanks, man. I just added a pic of the finished product. You guys gotta try the MOE Plus rubberized grip.

I was wondering about all of those hits on my blog from DurkaDurkaStan
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I am assuming the gas key was not staked? Since you were able to get it back off multiple times.

Love that handguard, I built 2 uppers myself using it.
    It's staked. I've never had a key I couldn't remove, staked or not.
    #RESIST

Was under the impression that when a key is deeply staked, it can't be removed.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Was under the impression that when a key is deeply staked, it can't be removed.
    The point of staking in general, keys or receiver endplate, is that it cannot come loose without tools but when a tool, and leverage, is added it comes off easily. This is, in fact, the PROBLEM with all the glues, thread lockers, and other out-of-spec methods of securing screws. If it was supposed to be permanent it would be welded.

User Tag List