Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Self-Defense for average people

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Two kubotans that Greg fucking broke on a PeP3 guy's arm trying to get a compliance to work.
    Sorry, no photo's, but. A general shout for officer needs assistance went out for a part of town with many of the friday night favourite pubs. All the mobiles race to the area and we see two of our guys being held in headlocks, one under each arm of a gi-hu-normous monster of a man. Now, we did not immediately rush to their aid as the shock of seeing the huge, hairy semi-bearded giant was compounded by the fact that he was wearing a mini skirt, blouse and fully made up.

Turned out that he was an oil rig worker, liked wearing womens clothing and after a couple of weeks dry on a rig he used to lose it when he had his first sniff of beer. Anyway. His wrists were too big for the cuff's, hitting him with a stick had no effect other than pissing him off even more, we ended up with 8, yes eight, of us holding onto him, sitting on him and restraining him whilst someone found some rope to tie him up.

Kubotans: Not allowed in the UK for police work. I also remember in the military when I worked with the military police I was in the Provost Marshalls office a week after a box of 400 kubotan arrived. One of the Majors had got a deal on them so he ordered them, one for each military policeman. The Provost Marshall went bat shit because they are classified as an offensive weapon and not approved for general issue..........that major got sooooo many extra duties for the next 6 months.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    And, I am still looking for someone who trains situational awareness and role-playing to get the experience and practice.
    Cody
    I do, although role playing is limited.

The analogy I tend to use is if you go to the dog park and you see 30 dogs, you don't try to pay equal attention to all of them. You note which dogs are behaving differently than the happy, playful majority of pups playing. The one who looks dizzy and is snarling at nothing gets your attention. Why? It's obvious, he shows signs of being potential dangerous. Once that initial scan is done and the one threat identified, sick snarly dog becomes the focus and you make your plan to deal with him or leave.

After the analogy, there is some role play and some video work. If you take both classes, over the 8 hours you'll get about 14 videos where we analyze body language for pre-attack indicators. Once you know what to look for (and are willing to accept it instead of excusing it for social reasons or denial) you become much more efficient and awareness by focusing on who needs to be focused on.

User Tag List