Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TALON Grips Review

TALON Grips Review

I've been a long time user of TALON grips and decided to write up a review. They're a great product a lot of people don't know about. https://gunpowdermeditation.com/2017...-grips-review/

Totally agree. Great CS, too. Once I ordered granulate by mistake and they emailed and asked of that's what I really wanted since all my other orders had been rubber. Amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    I've been a long time user of TALON grips and decided to write up a review. They're a great product a lot of people don't know about. https://gunpowdermeditation.com/2017...-grips-review/
    How "grabby" is the rubberized grips on cover garments compared to just the stock Glock texture?

I have a G19 with the granulate and it grabs my shirt, causing the gun to print.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    How "grabby" is the rubberized grips on cover garments compared to just the stock Glock texture?

I have a G19 with the granulate and it grabs my shirt, causing the gun to print.
    Equally not grabby...unless your cover garment is made of latex. I don't judge.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Equally not grabby...unless your cover garment is made of latex. I don't judge.
    Thanks! The latex shirt is only for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post

As BobLoblaw said, not grabby but still increases your grip.

TALON Grips Review

I like the Talon grip for the G43. It adds friction to the smooth upper left part of the grip, which helps support hand control.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-19-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Echo great CS.

I bought a set for my M&P, installed very carefully per instructions. I must have weird perspiration, or something, because they started to peel and slip fairly rapidly.

Talon sent me a discount coupon for a new set. I installed them, even more carefully. Same thing happened.

I gave up and peeled them off. Probably for a subcompact (G43 especially; geez that thing was slippery) carry gun they'd be great.

For a full-size that gets shot a lot, I dunno.

I had the rubber texture; when it was on the pistol it was pretty grippy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't recall the instructions but here's what I do for grip tape:

-Clean grip with rubbing alcohol
    -Heat grip and tape with hair drier
    -Apply grip tape
    -Heat with hair drier again, while applying pressure
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have used a heat gun when applying the Talon product and they seem to stick fine. Prefer the rubber, and have them on multiple PX4 Compact and HK 45C pistols. I remove the back piece and 1/3 of the right side, or it interferes with a fast draw, by preventing the heel of my hand from being able to slide into position.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List