Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garrity In-Victus vs JRC Watson

Garrity In-Victus vs JRC Watson

So I have been buying lots of holsters lately (you will find out soon why [emoji56]) specifically for the Glock 34. These two holsters have been in the back of my head for a while now and I wanted to get an owners opinion. They both seem remarkably similar sooooo, what are the benefits of one or the other? And does one carry a 5in gun better or does one carry a smaller gun better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Have both but one is a 19, one is a 17. The JRC seems to be a smidge better by way of seeming to be a little less bulky due to the way the leather is treated and layered less. I might be totally wrong on that but it seems that way. The built in pad on the Invictus is nice but I think the JRC edges it. If they were dead even the fact that JRC participates here is enough for me. Good dude.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Have both but one is a 19, one is a 17. The JRC seems to be a smidge better by way of seeming to be a little less bulky due to the way the leather is treated and layered less. I might be totally wrong on that but it seems that way. The built in pad on the Invictus is nice but I think the JRC edges it. If they were dead even the fact that JRC participates here is enough for me. Good dude.
    I have gotten that vib. Since seeing the Watson tease post I was excited, but still wanted to know. Thx Tom

I don't have any JRC products.

I had one of the first Invictus' made, and it was ok, although it isn't adjustable at all. The JRC seems like it is quite a bit more customizable.

FWIW there's a thread on TPI right now (which also references a few threads from other forums) about some very sketchy customer service from Garrity.
    OTOH I've never seen anything but praise for excellent service from JRC.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....hlight=garrity

There was a thread here as well.

DB

I have no experience with Garrity, but do have some with JRC, but not the Watson. Jim is a hell of a good dude to do business with, super helpful and makes fantastic stuff. At this point, if I want leather, I start and stop my search with him.

If I wanted the holster on time, I'd avoid Garrity.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll-in-business
    #RESIST

I've never seen a Garrity in person.

Having used both of JRC's AIWBs, I think the CDAII is a better option for the Glock. The Watson would be better for a slimmer pistol.

I carried and reviewed the In-victus in 2014.

It is not a good holster and I would highly recommend not spending your money on it.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2014/04/garrity...ctus-aiwb.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List