Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a watch (again)

Seems like its been pretty well said, but nonetheless, Seiko is going to be your best bet, especially if you want an automatic. Sean's up there seems a good deal if you like the color scheme. Otherwise Jomashop has some good deals.

Another option - - Casio G-Shock. The one I wear & like recharges itself with built in solar battery. It automatically sets itself using the atomic clock radio signal. Mine has mechanical hands and digital read out. Time, date, date in multiple zones, alarm, stopwatch, etc. Of course, it'll take a heavy pounding. 200m waterproof rating. Ive shot many hard kicking handguns with it on including a 500 S&W.
    I own many Seikos and like them too. But just thought I'd mention the G-Shock. It can be purchased for under $100. Various outer cases available. I've had mine for 10 years & intend to replace it with another new one when it finally craps out - - - whenever the heck that happens.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 05-17-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Seriously Ashton, I had one I'll give up for a good price. But you'll have to move fast. Everything is in the process of being packed up. Who knows when it will be seen again.

Sent you a pic to your phone, but here it is again anyway.

Quite obvious this watch is owned by a navy guy!

Perhaps not as glitzy, but the watch I have been wearing six months or so, is my all time favorite regardless of cost. Casio Pro Trek, PRG-300, with a green bezel and PF color band.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  37.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I picked the Seiko up in Israel last year. The Israeli dudes adopted it as their unofficial watch. I like it, but I seriously have to thin the herd of watches. It got out of hand, and I have way too many.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

So, if Navy dudes are into collecting watches... What do the army guys collect?
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 05-17-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    So, if Navy dudes are into collecting watches... What do the army guys collect?
    Is this the setup for a joke??

Personally I am not a watch guy... but after seeing a 24H watch in one of the other threads that may be changing.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    I love this Seiko.. Clean face, lumes just enough, date and day, solar works great.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just pick up whatever bracelet you want to go with it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Is this the setup for a joke??
    Doesn't everyone know the joke with the punch line, big watch, small Johnson.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How about this (although you would have to replace the band to meet your criteria)?

This one is solar powered, and has "atomic" timekeeping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=desktop

Name:  51RxmN2tTDL.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  38.7 KB

My uncle has been wearing the Seiko model that Sean is selling for close to 10 years without any issue.

User Tag List