Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: A Note Concerning Site Moderation

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

I'd laugh my ass off if the opposite of an SME system was put into place, though. Some enforced title that is the equivalent of wearing a helmet when you have to go outside and being reminded that we don't lick windows, now do we?
    B-but, but this window tastes like fruit striped gum and jerry curl.....
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-16-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "It's nine o'clock and it's PFestivus
    The regular crowd shuffles in
    There's a loudmouth posting after me
    Makin' love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son, I'll recite you false memories
    I'm not really sure but here goes
    They're not mine but they're neat, and I memorized complete
    Like I wore that Special Op's clothes."
    Well. Played.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Well. Played.
    Thank you, sir.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Could there be a section where haikus are mandated to be? Some kind of wall that keeps the haikus out? That way they don't end up in every other thread I've been reading. I dislike haikus. It should be noted that I am biased as I'm more of a dirty limerick guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Could there be a section where haikus are mandated to be? Some kind of wall that keeps the haikus out? That way they don't end up in every other thread I've been reading. I dislike haikus. It should be noted that I am biased as I'm more of a dirty limerick guy.

If haikus are allowed then so should memes.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    There once was a member named Dan,
    Who complained to the mods about spam,
    He said haikus suck,
    They belong in the muck,
    But bawdy limericks..."Why, yes ma'am"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    ETA: On a different note, I've always been curious about the concept of sort of a "super user" type thing. We still want the forum to be focused on shooting, but we don't want to devolve into hunting for "likes" or rating people on a post count. So, why not dig through the technical forums to see who consistently makes solid contributions there, and designate those folks as "super users." Guys like @HeadHunter, @BehindBlueI's, @John Hearne, @Wayne Dobbs, @Sean M, @Dagga Boy, @Surf, and plenty of others are t
    Thanks for the mention. I'm not sure whether to tell my wife that "all that time you waste on stupid forums" has finally paid off.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    It was like last call at the local watering hole with everybody hanging off each other while drunkenly singing along with Billy Joel's Piano Man on the jukebox.
    Yeah the last PFestivus just got sort of weird. I'm sure any bourbon-fueled late night contributions I made were pretty dumb too.

But the previous PFestivus, now THAT was a PFestivus to remember. Good times... and pretty much haiku free as I recall. I remember being sad when the Blanton's ran out.

Oh and I applaud the mods' efforts to continue a high level of quality here on PF.

Site Supporter
    I can't believe people text and call about stuff that happens on a forum. It just blows my mind people let words on the net get to them.

Speaking of words, I just kept trying to spell forum with an "N" included. Obviously it would not work and I gave in to spell check.

There is a thread currently in a technical forum which has numerous members - many of them long time established members - acting like complete and utter retards after numerous staff notices to stop doing so. We started handing out infractions.

Next time any of you feel the urge to post the standard "PF sucks, mods are shit" observation, pause briefly and look at the root cause.

"It's these damn new people" and "mods don't give a shit" doesn't seem to the driving force here.

User Tag List