Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Note Concerning Site Moderation

Or like when people ragequit over and over and over again.

They don't really hate PF, they just love ragequitting.

Site Supporter
    I quit!!!!

Eh, eh? No? Okay.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I quit!!!!

Eh, eh? No? Okay.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

Kidding.

I applaud the change in approach. To me, it seems part of the general maturing and growth of the site.

I've come to appreciate the 'let assholes be assholes' approach espoused here, which I find fairly refreshing, and unique. Hopefully that will continue (to a degree), tempered by the (invisible to us members) raps on the snout with a rolled up newspaper being administered behind the scenes, as it were.

Everyone likes moderation until they are the one being moderated -- one of those better to give than receive things.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Everyone likes moderation until they are the one being moderated -- one of those better to give than receive things.
    ^ This.

I kind of like the "don't be too much of a dick" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I've fought dyslexia my entire life. Sometimes though, it makes me laugh. I TOTALLY read the quoted post wrong, in a very humorous way. "I kind of like too much dick"...

Dyslexia, I love you sometimes.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    I've fought dyslexia my entire life. Sometimes though, it makes me laugh. I TOTALLY read the quoted post wrong, in a very humorous way. "I kind of like too much dick"...

Dyslexia, I love you sometimes.
    Reported.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Are we measuring that based on a post's initial presentation, or after the forum's reaction has sufficiently solidified? Big difference for some people.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Reported.

Doh!!

On the topic of the thread; was/is there an issue with the mods? I kinda look at it two ways; 1) it's all about choice. I can choose to read through a thread that's a big pool of diarrhea in hopes of finding something useful... or I can click out of the thread and scroll through all the other threads to find something interesting and leave the guys/gals that are involved in the poo flinging to their own devices. Once folks start going at each other, I click out of the thread as I know it's probably not going to right itself so anything past that point is a waste of time. Someone posts something offensive, I just scroll past. I don't think, hey why isn't a mod doing something about this?! I choose to roll on, and if that poster is a frequent poster of stupid I know to just blow past their posts.

2) In the worlds I walk around in, there's a lot of testosterone, dudes have beef all the time. It doesn't involve me so I stay out of it. A few guys going at each other on a thread, in a restaurant or on a basketball court? It's none of my business and I'm not taking sides, they'll sort it out. I try to get along with everyone, leave the ones with issues to themselves and I stay out of it. Just like in real life, I know I have friends that don't like each other. I don't ask them why, I don't try to play peacemaker, and I don't engage in conversation about one with the other. That part of their life has nothing to do with me and I'm not about to pick up that rock and drop it in my pocket. Maybe that approach is wrong however, I don't find myself in the middle of a lot of drama so it might have some merit.

I look at new posts when I log in, and I use the search function a lot. So maybe I'm missing something that's going on elsewhere on the site? Either way in the end we're all guests here. Even if I'm a site supporter, I'm still a guest. Just as if this were a bar or restaurant. I don't get to act like an ass because I regularly pay a $500 bar tab. The owner can still ask me to leave if I'm acting up and if I refuse to behave the owner can call in the 400 pound bouncer to give me a blackjack shampoo.

Again, I could be missing something here so there's that...
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 05-15-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: I don't know what happened...
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

User Tag List