Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Note Concerning Site Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Cody, that is the exact same message you sent via PM and that I replied to above. If you've read my post and it seems unclear, I'd suggest reading it again. If that doesn't help, my advice would be if you think you "need permission" or "clarification" to before posting something, that's a good indication you probably shouldn't.
    Tom,
    I also want to know what to report.
    I was interested in hearing from others as well.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Just from my perspective:

When a single person reports a post, it is often (I said often, not always so relax) because someone is overly sensitive and has been triggered, or has a personality conflict(s) with someone else.

If multiple people report the same post (yes, this does happen relatively frequently) then usually it's pretty clearly out of line.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Why don't we have a sub-forum called, "Dumpster Fire," and cut-paste all the garbage there?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Why don't we have a sub-forum called, "Dumpster Fire," and cut-paste all the garbage there?
    I had suggested, and fully understand that it'd be a bitch to run, a running general discussion/shitposting type thread. Keep it open for a semi-fixed period. All the garbage talk goes there. Limited rules but not Thunderdome.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Here's the problem with that: even though it would be clearly spelled out that this was the place for shitposting and memes - and to stay away if you are easily triggered - people would still go in there and report post because they were triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Here's the problem with that: even though it would be clearly spelled out that this was the place for shitposting and memes - and to stay away if you are easily triggered - people would still go in there and report post because they were triggered.

Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Membership on gun forums trend heavily male, obviously. We have our share of posts of a locker room nature (I'm sure I'm guilty of a few, although much more mindful for a while now) that I read and wonder what Tam or Stephanie B are thinking when they read it. Are we chasing away that valuable perspective or would Jay just accuse me of being easily butthurt?

It's a tough balance encouraging serious, broad-perspective, discussion while maintaining a convivial atmosphere.
    Broad-perspective? Wow. Talk about triggering. It's "women's-perspective", thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You have no idea how many emails, PMs, phone calls, texts, etc. I get about PF even when people aren't triggered...

Does the forum software allow for trigger warning quotes for those who might be more sensitive? Like a safe mode for the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Does the forum software allow for trigger warning quotes for those who might be more sensitive? Like a safe mode for the forum?
    People who are easily triggered like to be triggered. They would switch off auto trigger protection.

It's like when people declare "I have you on ignore!"

Um...

User Tag List