Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo CAP-Precision Accuracy

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Wonder if the tube is full-size of the dinky tube from the TCAP?
    It's hard to say just eyeballing the TCAP on my 43 against the one pictured above. Maybe VDM could mic his?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's hard to say just eyeballing the TCAP on my 43 against the one pictured above. Maybe VDM could mic his?
    Snapped a shot, you tell me.

http://instagram.com/p/BUH6gyQBi7D/
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

http://instagram.com/p/BUH6gyQBi7D/
    Voodoo, would you mind going into the dark and checking? It should be obvious if one is smaller than the other. The TCAP tube was noticeably smaller in the dark. It's hard to tell from the pic. Thanks, appreciate it!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Just by eyeball, it looks the same size as a regular CAP, but then I've never noticed a difference in vial size between CAP and TCAP? LSP552's question kinda caught me off guard and had me comparing both under a loupe for ten minutes or so...

(But I wasn't in actual dark-type dark, just the room down the hall with the shades drawn.)
    Last edited by Tamara; 05-15-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Just by eyeball, it looks the same size as a regular CAP, but then I've never noticed a difference in vial size between CAP and TCAP? LSP552's question kinda caught me off guard and had me comparing both under a loupe for ten minutes or so...
    The TCAP example I saw had quite a bit smaller/dimmer tube than even the .125 Operator front I previously used. Haven't had time to search, but pretty sure Mr White has a pic or similar observation somewhere.

Edited to add:

But things do change. I just put a set of ProGlo front and ProOperators rear on a 4th gen 26 last week. The new front has a screw that goes all the way through the front sight and is visible from the top. A welcome change for strength. The latest version of the Pro Operator rear has lost the set screw, which I always thought unnecessary considering how tight my others are.
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-15-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Voodoo, would you mind going into the dark and checking? It should be obvious if one is smaller than the other. The TCAP tube was noticeably smaller in the dark. It's hard to tell from the pic. Thanks, appreciate it!
    I just did and the thinner one is glowing because the green outline is actually sun-activated lume and was charged through my window during the day, so I'll have to leave them in a box and try again later tonight though it takes a while to run out.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I just did and the thinner one is glowing because the green outline is actually sun-activated lume and was charged through my window during the day, so I'll have to leave them in a box and try again later tonight though it takes a while to run out.
    Thanks! Appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It's interesting how everyone seems to be moving to narrower and narrower front and rear sights with an emphasis on also tightening up the light bars in the sight picture.

It's tempting me to pick up a 0.130" AmeriGlo flat black rear and a 0.115" or smaller Dawson fiber and see how that plays out.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    About a decade ago I had John Harrison duplicate the BoMar rear target notch width in a Yost-Bonitz fixed rear blank (no notch from the Yo-Bo shop due to a bit breaking) and pair it with a Partridge front sight on a 1911 he built for me. The narrow front (0.095") sight paired with the narrow rear notch is fairly fast for me while allowing great precision. My driving reason was learning that I could shoot quite quickly and accurately (for me) with the BoMar target sights. I "hunt" a lot less when the rear notch offers just a bit of light around the front sight.

Thanks! Appreciate that!
    No video as I was snapping photos the flash turned on and the green lume of the thinner CAP sight started glowing, so now I have to keep it blacked out for a while.

See below various angles - I apologize for the quality, cropped cellphone shots in the dark...

VDMSR.com

No video as I was snapping photos the flash turned on and the green lume of the thinner CAP sight started glowing, so now I have to keep it blacked out for a while.

See below various angles - I apologize for the quality, cropped cellphone shots in the dark...
    Thanks VDM! It looks like the tube might be slightly smaller but usable. Is that your opinion?

User Tag List