Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ameriglo CAP-Precision Accuracy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I have a set of yellow T-CAPs(.120 front, .155 rear).

I like everything about them except for one single problem I have. In bright daylight the full coverage yellow gets all washed out to my eyes, and the tiny(almost non existent) black border isn't big enough to help me see the top edge or sides of the front sight. Especially when shooting a brown cardboard or lighter colored targets. Conversely, I can see the yellow way better than orange in low light.

I wish the front sight had a large yellow circle that was nearly tangent to the top and sides of the sight instead of a full coverage square. I think having some black "ears" at the top corners may help me with this wash out problem. I've considered going at them with a sharpie, but I'm sure it'd wind up looking goofy and chafing my OCD.
    AmeriGlo did make a Glock front with the same dimensions as the TCAP but with the luminescent circle around the tritium rather than the full sight being painted (like a thin ProGlo). I have a couple on G19s and they are some of my favorite sights for the same reasons you mention above, the full yellow sights wash out for me in bright light.

I have not seen the thin circle lume sights available on the website for a while, I don't know if they didn't sell as well as the TCAPs or if they were harder to produce, or I am just not looking in the right place.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    FWIW, I had the same issue with washout while using the yellow TCAP front. Went back to the regular CAP for that reason. I wish the orange TCAP was in stock when I ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    AmeriGlo did make a Glock front with the same dimensions as the TCAP but with the luminescent circle around the tritium rather than the full sight being painted (like a thin ProGlo). I have a couple on G19s and they are some of my favorite sights for the same reasons you mention above, the full yellow sights wash out for me in bright light.

I have not seen the thin circle lume sights available on the website for a while, I don't know if they didn't sell as well as the TCAPs or if they were harder to produce, or I am just not looking in the right place.
    So I called Ameriglo and they said that the .123 front(TCAP width and height) with orange circle is available, but for whatever reason didn't appear on the website. He was going to try to fix the issue. Part number for the .123 with orange circle is GL-212-165-125-ORC .

Unfortunately for me the .123 with yellow circle is not available. Unclear if it's going to be available again. Story of my life. He recommended that I might try a sharpie, which has just about pushed me over the edge to finally do it. I may pick up a fine point sharpie later today.

Edit to add: Ameriglo customer service has always been top notch for me. They've always answered promptly, answered any questions, actually know what they're talking about, and done whatever they could to help me. Got to give credit where it's due.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 05-17-2017 at 11:44 AM.

A more detailed (and in focus) photo for comparison...

Short exposure..

longer exposure...

Looks like the green has smaller tritium, but it is offset with the green lume, which you can see glows.

That glow is not charged, it is just ambient by being on my desk and a window.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I have a set of yellow T-CAPs(.120 front, .155 rear).

I like everything about them except for one single problem I have. In bright daylight the full coverage yellow gets all washed out to my eyes, and the tiny(almost non existent) black border isn't big enough to help me see the top edge or sides of the front sight. Especially when shooting a brown cardboard or lighter colored targets. Conversely, I can see the yellow way better than orange in low light.

I wish the front sight had a large yellow circle that was nearly tangent to the top and sides of the sight instead of a full coverage square. I think having some black "ears" at the top corners may help me with this wash out problem. I've considered going at them with a sharpie, but I'm sure it'd wind up looking goofy and chafing my OCD.

Also, I really like the rear sight. It is low profile and far enough forward that it doesn't print, poke me, or cut my clothes, and it still works for 1 hand racking the slide. I thought the yellow paint on the rear would bother me similarly to standard rear dots, but surprisingly it doesn't. I never even notice it except for very specific low light conditions when it actually helps with speed and alignment at close/intermediate distance. Otherwise I totally forget about it. This is strange because white dots drive me crazy and mess with my ability to see the front sight.

I had the same issue with washout as well with the yellow versions and I'm switching back to the Orange models.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    A more detailed (and in focus) photo for comparison...
    Awesome pictures, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It's interesting how everyone seems to be moving to narrower and narrower front and rear sights with an emphasis on also tightening up the light bars in the sight picture.

It's tempting me to pick up a 0.130" AmeriGlo flat black rear and a 0.115" or smaller Dawson fiber and see how that plays out.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

It'll play out wonderfully. That was a wide notch back in the days of Bo-Mar sights.

I think people are finally starting to realize that a sloppy sight picture puts sloppy holes in targets.

User Tag List