Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo CAP-Precision Accuracy

Ameriglo CAP-Precision Accuracy

From Dave's Facebook page:

The CAP-PA (precision accuracy) sight is now available at the Handgun Combatives Store. This sight was developed based on customer requests for a sight that was highly visible, but offered increased accuracy potential for longer shots.

The .123 front has been paired with a .130 rear to reduce any "play" in the sight picture, but is wide enough, due to the sight radius, to find quickly. The narrow rear window gives the visual impression of a "taller" sight but without adding height to what is intended to be a combative concealed pistol sight. The rear is flat black so there is nothing to distract the eye from looking through the rear to the front...a recommendation of a eye surgeon we have worked with in the past. The rear sight is also the traditional 9mm/.40 rear sight height so rounds will impact at the top edge of the front sight instead of the "cover what you want to hit" impact of the standard CAP.
    I have seen many students pair a narrow front sight with a wide rear and really struggle hitting what they are shooting at. Many tell me they are under the impression the eye will "automatically center" the front sight in the rear notch and when this does not happen like the expect, become frustrated. Keep in mind, 1/16th inch of muzzle movement will be 4 inches at 20 feet, thus, a narrower rear sight will help reduce this alignment problem. I really wish that all of the things the "experts" tell us will happen "naturally" really did...

The front has the safety chartreuse front sight square for the classic "square in a square" flash sight picture the CAP was originally designed to offer. There is also a tritium bead in the center of the square. While not perfect (anything that tries to cover a wide variety of needs seldom is) the CAP-PA does offer more precision at longer distances while remaining a useful close quarter sight system.

Name:  20170512_193605_001_copy_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  30.0 KB

Don't know who Dave is...but those look like CAP LE sights...

http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/01/ameriglo-cap-le.html

I have them on my 26 and I have to say they are exceedingly accurate for me and especially so at 25y. They are also very bright.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I have them on my 26 and I have to say they are exceedingly accurate for me and especially so at 25y. They are also very bright.
    Voodoo,

If you didn't need tritium in the rear, do these perform as well for you as the BOLD sight set?

Quote Originally Posted by Padwan View Post
    Voodoo,

If you didn't need tritium in the rear, do these perform as well for you as the BOLD sight set?
    It's a toss up honestly. I have to measure the fronts I have to make sure they are what I think they are as Ameriglo sent me a bunch to work with.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It's a toss up honestly. I have to measure the fronts I have to make sure they are what I think they are as Ameriglo sent me a bunch to work with.
    Front measures between .120-.123 on the version I have.

I was told it was a CAP LE front sight, but on Ameriglo's website CAP LE sights are .140 fronts.

The versions I have do not have tritium in the rear. So they might be the CAP PA version in the OP. If they are the same, which they appear to be, I would recommend them as a hybrid version between having a very narrow front sight which is very visible against an all black (I believe they are the same rears as Defoors) rear.
    VDMSR.com

It's interesting how everyone seems to be moving to narrower and narrower front and rear sights with an emphasis on also tightening up the light bars in the sight picture.

It's tempting me to pick up a 0.130" AmeriGlo flat black rear and a 0.115" or smaller Dawson fiber and see how that plays out.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It's interesting how everyone seems to be moving to narrower and narrower front and rear sights with an emphasis on also tightening up the light bars in the sight picture.

It's tempting me to pick up a 0.130" AmeriGlo flat black rear and a 0.115" or smaller Dawson fiber and see how that plays out.

Cannot say this is a "new" development, just a welcomed one due to companies listening to end users.

These sights specifically are pretty good because they give all the glow and visibility of big name sight's like Trijicon HD's but they can also do well in the accuracy world as well.
    VDMSR.com

Dave is the guy who designed the sights. Aren't CAP LE 3 dot tritium with a wide rear notch? These have no rear tritium with a narrow rear notch.

Cannot say this is a "new" development, just a welcomed one due to companies listening to end users.

These sights specifically are pretty good because they give all the glow and visibility of big name sight's like Trijicon HD's but they can also do well in the accuracy world as well.
    Totally agree. Lots of factory sights have had tight light bars. What's interesting is that we saw lots of options with tons of room in the rear and skinny fronts, tons of options with tons of room in the rear with fat fronts, and now we're seeing both of those dimensions shrinking. What's old is now new again with higher visibility front sights.

User Tag List