Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RANGE RULES: No You Can’t Retrieve Your Silencer

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes, I read about how the 1st gen Surefire SOCOM cans could appear to be locked on, but weren't. Supposedly some operators launched cans at the enemy. I wonder if any were taken out by impact from a flying suppressor?
    I would buy that man a beer.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Anytime I read of something this outlandish my initial thought is there has got to be some kind of backstory not included in the www posting.

The range is making this right.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good.
    I have to disagree with the suggestion that the shooter should have called a cease fire and retrieved his property without notifying range staff. That's fine when it's you and the boys down at the gravel pit, or at the club, but at a commercial facility one should defer to the staff, who carry the liability as well as the responsibility for facilities. At least tell them "I lost some expensive and sensitive gear down range, how do you want to handle it?" Emphasize that this is not just dropping a p-mag just out of reach forward of the position.
    (Anyone can call a cease fire for safety issues, of course, but "I somehow launched a piece of my gun" probably only turns into a safety issue when you run downrange to get it without telling anyone.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List