Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Knife as a SD weapon - aftermath

Site Supporter
    I consider “tubing rivers” to be a stupid place filled with stupid people. Unless you want to be semi isolated in the woods and surround by many folks whose plan is to be shitfaced, often with a combination of products besides just alcohol by the time they get to the end of the River go ahead. But no thanks for me.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if this guy follows @SouthNarc.

https://youtu.be/NosMWVIgECo

The following was from networkinvegas.com. I removed the link because the comments section kills brain cells.

"On Tuesday, around 3:30 p.m., a robbery was reported at the Smokestrom Smoke Shop near the 4500 block of West Sahara Avenue. Police are investigating the incident but so far have released no information on what happened.

Our sources tell us that three men attempted to rob the store, and an employee (possibly the owner) grabbed one after jumping the counter and started stabbing him multiple times."
    Last edited by 757_Magnum; 08-05-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Seems a little light on information however if there’s video may answer some questions.

Finding him an hour and a half later doesn’t bode well for self-defense

And what are Wisconsin’s self-defense laws?

I am referencing the tubing incident

Site Supporter
    Those of us carrying knives should keep in mind that laws very from state to state. At one time Louisiana had difficult to interpret knife laws. A truck stop there had a sign posted by the sheriff with a warning about knife blades over a certain length. Researching the issue did not clarify this for me. Perhaps PF members from there can comment.

We should be aware that being arrested when out of town and especially out of state is not the same as getting locked up at home where we know people, can easily make bail, have an attorney, and have friends and relatives to make phone calls for us. Jails by definition are not nice places, and nobody gives a shit about your sad tale. Also, when not at home, I would worry more about what witnesses might or might not say. I write this to point out that that one night in jail might become several and that the prepared statement in your mind, though good to have, ........

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Ooof. That scenario sounds like it was taken right out of an evo from hell. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. The fact that there were 5 people close enough to him in the water to actually get cut and stabbed that badly seems to bolster a disparity of numbers argument, at first blush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Seems a little light on information however if there’s video may answer some questions.

Finding him an hour and a half later doesn’t bode well for self-defense

And what are Wisconsin’s self-defense laws?

I am referencing the tubing incident
    My take away.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List