View Poll Results: Anonymous Poll: How Much Ammo Do You Keep On Hand (Not Including .22)

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1,000 Rounds or Less

11 7.19%
  • Between 1,000 and 5,000 Rounds

40 26.14%
  • Between 5,000 and 10,000 Rounds

41 26.80%
  • Between 10,000 and 20,000 Rounds

27 17.65%
  • Over 20,000 Rounds

34 22.22%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo: How much do you stockpile? (Anonymous poll)

Site Supporter
    Yes ammo is very affordable now. Even long range rifle target ammo for 308 and 6.5CM is available at a good price point - especially when you run the cost of components for quality bullets and the price of cases.

I think you need a 20-50k, 50-100k, and Over 100k choices added. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    damn! my last outing put me outside the bottom radio button choice. oh well, i'm gonna lie.
    Same here.

I don't track prices on a year-to-year basis. If you look at it over a much longer period, then you see that the price is always climbing. For instance, I remember selling boatloads of 9mm at $6/50 when I was running ranges. Those days are gone forever.

That said, I'm going to stock up over the next four years. I'd like to see a minimum of 10k 9mm, 2-3k 45 ACP, and as much 308 and 30-06 as I can get my hands on. Ideally, I'd double that. Once I hit those levels, I'll use that inventory as a buffer and continue to add what I need for monthly consumption.

Also, I try not to buy single cases when I can avoid it, and I rarely if ever have ammo shipped. I'm fortunate enough to find myself in Oregon now and then, where ammo prices are low and there is no sales tax. I make it a point not to buy anything in Washington that I can buy there, so I grab several cases at a time, along with clothing, computers, etc. The amount I save on shipping and taxes more than makes those trips pay for themselves.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    I think you need a 20-50k, 50-100k, and Over 100k choices added. :-)
    Name:  jaws.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  59.9 KB

"I think we're gonna need a bigger vault!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    In just loaded ammo, I've got right around 5k rounds (not including 22). I have enough clean led and reloading components to get me into the next category up.

Chris

I voted how much I have, not how much I want. Factors that impact that include available storage space and (mostly medical) bills.
    @okie john, I know where to buy bulk ammo up here, where do you shop in Orygun? I find myself down South Of The Border from time to time, and may be making a trip at the end of the month...
    Last edited by Drang; 05-14-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

If your floor can support the weight of your ammo stockpile, you don't have enough ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Blues: how about you add a category for: Don't Have None: Lost it all when my pirogue turned over in the bayou.
    I lost Many Cases of ammunition and much more when my house in LA. which had no flood insurance flooded 0n 08/13/2016. Moved back in April 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    @okie john, I know where to buy bulk ammo up here, where do you shop in Orygun? I find myself down South Of The Border from time to time, and may be making a trip at the end of the month...
    Try Northwest Armory, Curt's, or Keith's.

Where are you buying up here?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I lost Many Cases of ammunition and much more when my house in LA. which had no flood insurance flooded 0n 08/13/2016. Moved back in April 2017.
    I know what you mean.....we lived in the 5800 block of Bellaire Drive in the Lakeview neighborhood of NO in Aug of 2005....much, much worse than a capsized pirogue in the bayou.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List