Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pat MacNamara on using as much trigger finger as possible

We also discuss thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    We also discuss thread drift.
    P-F IS thread drift. The actual conversation just sometimes mysteriously "happens".

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

This really is another one of the shit just works differently for different people. We have different finger lengths and hand sizes. I like having most of my pad on the trigger. I can be consistent and accurate. If I have to short of a pull like where I easily go to the joint on my finger I end up low and left, it is fast and consistent but it looks like I just jacked up my sight adjustment.

My px4cc with the small grip panel on is just right with the tda trigger. Now a sfa glock with stock gen 4 my finger placement is odd. But if I had a trusty 1911 it would magically be perfect compared to a ol out of date revolver. Good thing I do not carry appendix and carry traditional iwb because that would slow my draw and trigger press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The finger placement shown by Pat McNamara is how I shoot J-snubs and SP101 revolvers. The geometry of the weapons and my hands just works-out right.

This does NOT work well for me with all small handguns, such as my Seecamp and PPK/s, and not most larger handguns, either. The Seecamp, K/L-Frame revolvers, DA/SA and DAK SIGs, several DA/SA and DAO Third-Generation S&W autos, plus some others I cannot remember at the moment, work best for me if I center the distal crease on the face of the trigger.

1911 handguns definitely perform better for me when I shoot them with the distal pad centered on the trigger face, but the results can be quick-and-dirty close-range tolerable if I shoot them with the distal crease centered on the trigger face.

Glocks, well, ugh/arghh/curse/spit, have schizophrenic triggers that are difficult for me to shoot really well, no matter what I try. I have amazed myself with how well I have sometimes shot "sim" Glocks during training, by defaulting to the distal crease centered on the face of the trigger, as this was during the time I was carrying mostly DA weapons, but, generally, I do better with Glocks by centering the distal pad on the face of the trigger, which is how I now try to shoot them, now that I carry Glocks more than anything else, followed by 1911 pistols. In desperation to somehow improve*, I have tried Pat McNamara's trigger finger placement on Glocks, but the results were wildly inconsistent; my fingers are just not long enough for the geometry to work, at least with double-stack Glocks. I have not yet live-fired any of the narrower-frame single-stack Glocks.

*I have largely accepted that I will never shoot a Glock as well as a 1911 or K/L/GP100 revolver. Every shot I fire with glock-ety Glocks improves my 1911 and DA skills, though the inverse is not true.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-16-2017 at 02:25 PM.

If you shoot nice centered groups with your Glock, rock on. Your trigger finger placement is just fine. If you suffer from chronic "My Glock Shoots Left", maybe more trigger finger will help you. Can't hurt to try.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Crude guns require crude handling.

User Tag List