Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Force, and Other Vets...Help Me With This Photo, Please

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I've heard that before. Usually from active or former members of branches who tend to hang ropes, braid, and stripes off their uniforms like some third world, military dictator.

I don't know why it's that way, just that it is.
    It's true - why I wore a silver braided rope off a shoulder when I had an honor guard shoulder tab and insignia on my chest is beyond me. Why USAF has a participation badge for graduating basic is beyond me - if you're wearing the uniform, that's pretty obvious that you've gone through basic, big whoop. Why a national defense ribbon for serving is beyond me - that's the purpose of the armed forces, and the uniform itself is enough for those. Unit excellence badge - that's literally doing our job how it should be done - big deal.

I'm very content with getting rid of every day particpation prizes in the form of ribbons, they don't mean jack shit and reduce the meaning of the ribbons from those who have actually earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I saw a lengthy article in the Daily Mail on Trump's Commencement speech and visit to Liberty University in Virginia today. In this pic of his arriving in Air Force One....he's flanked by two sergeants. Obviously these aren't two rookie recent graduates from Lackland, and I'm curious about what you can tell from their ribbons and other service medals. I expect they're probably men who've seen combat in some form, and would like to know more. Having been a lowly swabby, I haven't a clue.

In the regime of O the Magnificent he would have been flanked by a female and a homosexual (Not that there's anything wrong with either!), or a transexual of some flavor.

Anyway, what might we know about these two airmen?

Although I wasn't an early enthusiast of DJT, the very fact that Hill & Bill are not strutting around the White House is a big plus.

George

Would it not have been possible to ask for this information without dropping your personal political and societal bias into the post?

How do you know the men you are asking about are not in fact homosexual?

What is wrong with females serving their country honorably in uniform?.........

Shitty commentary with a bullshit "Not that there's anything wrong with either!" insincere "disclaimer" is shitty still commentary.

Carry on.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Would it not have been possible to ask for this information without dropping your personal political and societal bias into the post?
    Chuck, I can't even put into words how much this reply means to me (and to several other pro-gun folks who sometimes feel unwelcome in the 2A community). Thank you so much.
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

Of course it was possible....and when sarcasm and snark get outlawed here, you will likely see a lot less of it. In the meantime have you checked the "Make me laugh" thread lately?

It's news to me that political opinions are off limits here, under any circumstances.

In the meantime, the snark was directed at Obama, political correctness and the previous regime, not the individuals.

Also: the "not that there's anything wrong with that" is an ongoing gag line from Seinfeld comedy shows.

Different strokes for different folks.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post

How do you know the men you are asking about are not in fact homosexual?

What is wrong with females serving their country honorably in uniform?.........

Shitty commentary with a bullshit "Not that there's anything wrong with either!" insincere "disclaimer" is shitty still commentary.

Carry on.
    I hope my signature line doesn't offend anyone.....but it probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Of course it was possible....and when sarcasm and snark get outlawed here, you will likely see a lot less of it. In the meantime have you checked the "Make me laugh" thread lately?

It's news to me that political opinions are off limits here, under any circumstances.

In the meantime, the snark was directed at Obama, political correctness and the previous regime, not the individuals.

Also: the "not that there's anything wrong with that" is an ongoing gag line from Seinfeld comedy shows.

Different strokes for different folks.

George
    I'm neither gay or female,but I've served next to uniformed folk of both. Your comment is disrespectful to their sacrifices,period.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Tom: so I understand....the beef is that I was "out of line" in GD??

It took me two seconds to find this....and I won't bother looking for the many, many more that are there....

Name:  image (3).jpg
Views: 310
Size:  63.3 KB

And no staff showed up to say: stop this bullshit, shame on your shitty comments....

So I call BS on Chuck's post....and your comment.

Opinions are like noses....everybody's got one.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If this starts becoming an overly political and seemingly bigoted place, we'll be making some changes. This is not, and never will be, a good ol' boys club...
    Wooo hoooooo!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tom! This thread has made my day! :-) :-) :-)
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

This thread is why it is hard to keep productive and positive members of the board interested in participating.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Not a problem for me.....

To quote Chuck:

Carry On

User Tag List