Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Force, and Other Vets...Help Me With This Photo, Please

Air Force, and Other Vets...Help Me With This Photo, Please

I saw a lengthy article in the Daily Mail on Trump's Commencement speech and visit to Liberty University in Virginia today. In this pic of his arriving in Air Force One....he's flanked by two sergeants. Obviously these aren't two rookie recent graduates from Lackland, and I'm curious about what you can tell from their ribbons and other service medals. I expect they're probably men who've seen combat in some form, and would like to know more. Having been a lowly swabby, I haven't a clue.

In the regime of O the Magnificent he would have been flanked by a female and a homosexual (Not that there's anything wrong with either!), or a transexual of some flavor.

Anyway, what might we know about these two airmen?

Although I wasn't an early enthusiast of DJT, the very fact that Hill & Bill are not strutting around the White House is a big plus.

George

Name:  40457CCE00000578-4502564-image-a-54_1494684977914 (1).jpg
Views: 706
Size:  53.4 KB
    Last edited by walker2713; 05-13-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Both are Security Police, as indicated by the badges on their left pocket. The one on President Trump's right is a Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) and to his left is a Technical Sergeant (E-6). Air Force uniforms don't have campaign or combat devices, but given their career fields, it is likely they have seen some deployments as Security Forces are always short-manned in the USAF.

The Chief Master Sergeant's top three ribbons are the (1) Defense Meritorious Service Medal, (2) Meritorious Service Medal and (3) Air Medal. The Technical Sergeant's top three are the (1) Air Force Commendation Medal, (2) Air Force Achievement Medal and (3) Meritorious Unit Award. I don't see either with the Air Force Combat Action ribbon but that doesn't mean they haven't seen numerous deployments. They look pretty salty and squared away for sure.

Here are the AF specific medals.AF Decs and Medals.pdf

Neiither has seen combat, if they had they would have a combat action ribbon. Not a big deal but it is something I usually look for when people are in desss uniform. For the record, the airforce gives out a lot more ribbons than the Marine Corps. I did two deployments to Afghanistan and received a personal medal and combat action ribbon for my service there plus the default ones u get for those type of deployments. My wife has never deployed and is in the Airforce, she already has more ribbons than I had.

But yes I agree, both have probably multiple deployments under their belts and have given this country some of their best years. For that I thank them
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-13-2017 at 01:30 PM.

I was trying to find a way to make a good joke comparing Air Force stacks to Idi Amin's getup, found this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../ChestOfMedals and there goes the rest of my day.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Neiither has seen combat, if they had they would have a combat action ribbon. Not a big deal but it is something I usually look for when people are in desss uniform. For the record, the airforce gives out a lot more ribbons than the Marine Corps. I did two deployments to Afghanistan and received a personal medal and combat action ribbon for my service there plus the default ones u get for those type of deployments. My wife has never deployed and is in the Airforce, she already has more ribbons than I had.

But yes I agree, both have probably multiple deployments under their belts and have given this country some of their best years. For that I thank them
    Not necessarily true. Not everyone in SF (security forces) or even the Air Force for that manner knows that we have a combat action medal or how to apply to get it. Its a fairly new medal (2007) and a lot of these guys saw combat before we had a medal to recognize combat action. I know plenty of guys in my unit that have meet the qualification for the combat action medal but did not know about the medal/supervisor did not know and never took action to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF422 View Post
    Not necessarily true. Not everyone in SF (security forces) or even the Air Force for that manner knows that we have a combat action medal or how to apply to get it. Its a fairly new medal (2007) and a lot of these guys saw combat before we had a medal to recognize combat action. I know plenty of guys in my unit that have meet the qualification for the combat action medal but did not know about the medal/supervisor did not know and never took action to get it.
    Then your admin office or leadership needs to rectify that. I dont want to doubt what your saying but the fact that a unit wouldn't put their people, who got into a combat situation, up for the ribbon is hard to for me to understand. Especially since it's been in circulation since 2007, that is a decade now
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-13-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Then your admin office or leadership needs to rectify that. I dont want to doubt what your saying but the fact that a unit wouldn't put their people, who got into a combat situation, up for the ribbon is hard to for me to understand.
    Air Force uniform regs are complex enough to merit law school study.

Some ribbons can be worn on some uniforms,and others cannot. When I was in there was a ribbon kerfluffle regarding Air Force personnel who deployed with Marine & Army units - if they earned a combat badge in country they were not authorized to display it on Air Force uniforms upon return ,period. Only combat action medals earned on Air Force missions were permitted on the uniform,which is just one of many ass backwards rules on Big Blue's books.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Both have deployed - the gold border around the ribbons are ones that have been earned overseas.

USAF gives out ribbons like candy, and a majority of them don't mean didly (when everyone is special, nobody is).

Both are career secfo. Decent chance the tech sgt is the one doing the work based off the earpiece- chief is straight up admin rank in nearly every career field, and the tech is probably getting forced into that soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List