Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for IWB magazine carrier with minimum belt footprint

I bought the Bawidamann offering…*I'm going to do a quick review in a couple of days after I carry it some, (just because I can't find a review on the internet) and then hopefully a longer post-summer review after carrying for a while.

Initially though… I'm pleased. I think it's going to let me carry all my G43 gear up front in a comfortable and secure fashion.

I haven't forgot about my promise here. I honestly don't carry the G43 that much, nor have I had time to hit the range with the carrier.

Here's some high level thoughts about the Bawidamann carrier:

- It's pretty darn thin. When I get a spare moment, I'll try to post some comparisons between it and another 43 carrier. It succeeds it being about as thin as the 43.
    - It's kind of weird to place. I don't really carry mags AIWB except at around 10-11 o clock…*when I try to put it around my hip, it tends to hurt because of how flat a profile it is.
    - It is the easiest, low-profile way I have to carry a G43 reload.

Since this thread was brought from the dead, I figured I'd pitch in my two cents, although OP seems to have already tried out at least one of pouches listed.

I have a couple of the Snake Eater mag pouches, and while they are great for concealment, I have found a couple down sides to them: the material is just stiff enough, and abrasive enough to get uncomfortable IWB after a while. That can be mitigated somewhat with an undershirt between body and carrier. They are also very tough to fit a G19/17 magazine into. They work fine, and mags draw fine from them ( retention is very firm), but it's a two hands and cuss words operation to get the magazine into the carrier, before putting it on. You will not be inserting a magazine back into these while IWB. Other sizes/types of magazines might be easier. I suspect a 42 or 43 mag would fit a lot easier.

For certain deep concealment roles, they work ok. And I've found other items (knives in particular) can be stuffed in them as well. I sill use Comp-Tac single kydex pouches 99% of the time.

User Tag List