Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for IWB magazine carrier with minimum belt footprint

Looking for IWB magazine carrier with minimum belt footprint

I'll admit, with temperatures rising, shorts returning to the wardrobe, and the timely release of the vanguard for G43, the lil' gun is seeing a little bit more carry in the rotation these days. I've been either using a pocket reload, or a JMCK AIWB-MP (which I love) but it competes for real estate with my clinch pick which is usually in the same spot... and one of them usually gets left in the drawer depending on the location of my belt loops and the breadth of my waistline this week. I have kind of bony hips, so right on my 9'o clock tends to hurt a little bit, so something just in front of the hip bone seems ideal, with a small clip.

I started searching for a mag carrier that could be just in front of hip support side, IWB, and as minimal as possible. My G43 is largely a "run out the door" kind of decision, so something that can be thrown on in nearly any situation.

I spotted the following carriers, and would be grateful for any information people may have:

Name:  uber_cc_iwb_glock940_2__87484.1473306480.1280.1280.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  23.2 KB
    Bawidamann Vertical Uber CC IWB
    What I like: Price is good, very minimal design, not much more material than seems necessary. I've used his horizontal pouches and been impressed with the construction. I also feel like the single RCS Overhook will allow me to put a reload IWB using space on the belt that isn't being taken up by a knife.
    What I don't like: It looks like it may be utterly flat, I think a little curve could be useful. I can't find a *single* review.

Name:  IWB-MagPouch-a_300x300.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  32.0 KB
    JMCustom IWB Single Pistol Mag Pouch
    What I like: Made by the patron holster saint of p-f.com, and the builder of every holster I have ever truly loved. Looks like it may have a slight curve to it that could be anatomically pleasing given it's intended position just in front of support side hip.
    What I don't like: A bit more money. A bit more material for completing the full taco fold on the magazine than the other options.

Snake Eater Tactical IWB Magazine Pouch
    What I like: Really minimal, reminds me of my beloved BFG 10-speed belt pouches
    What I don't like: I don't know if my magazine will stay, nor have I had success with G43 reloads in full size glock 10-speed pouches. A little worried that the reload would get lost. The loop would probably still be fighting for space on the belt.

If no one has any information, I'll probably save up for the Bawidamann option for the G43, then report back my findings.
    Last edited by masternave; 05-13-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Give Tony his due credit.

See if this carrier from Mastermind Tactics would work for you if you can use something minimalist without a clip. I've been very pleased with mine.

(Full disclosure: It was a gift from Mack but he also knew that I was going to buy one since I had been instigating and bugging him to come out with it for months.)

Last edited by blues; 05-13-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I use a Wilderness Tactical horizontal mag pouch. It's OWB so it doesn't fit your stated specs but worth a look IMO. When empty it doesn't look like a mag pouch, hard to say what it looks like. It holds my SS Sigp225 mags quite firmly.

Thank you blues… I have several from JMCK in a similar profile, but with solid 1.5" clips on them. I wonder if they'll take up less room with a soft loop. Time to go dig in the hardware bag and see if what I can rustle up.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    Thank you blues… I have several from JMCK in a similar profile, but with solid 1.5" clips on them. I wonder if they'll take up less room with a soft loop. Time to go dig in the hardware bag and see if what I can rustle up.
    My pleasure. Keep us posted.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

The snake eater tactical is going to be your lowest profile option but it's nowhere near as fast as kydex. I prefer the JMCK AIWB SPMP for the G43 but I've not tried any of the other options you've listed. Will have the Mastermind Tactics pouch blues posted (but for the PX4 CC) in a few weeks.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Take a look at my Versa Mag carrier.

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/V...rier_p_30.html
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

My 43 mags are pretty secure in the snake eater pouch. The pouch is a tighter fit than the BFG ten speed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Meant to try one of Tony's awhile back and forgot about it. Just ordered one now that the weather is getting warmer.

Site Supporter
    "The snake eater tactical is going to be your lowest profile option but it's nowhere near as fast as kydex."

Been running one about 6 months now and concurrent completely re profile. I am not quite as strident re its speed deficient to kydex iwb though definitely slower than kydex owb.

User Tag List