Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "The Son" series on AMC - DO LIKE

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Now I want to shoot a Lewis gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Watched the first episode last night after the hockey game was over. As I had read the book a few years ago I was able to fill in a few details for my wife as the story progressed. Not bad so far and we'll be watching more of it to see how well it progresses.

I had to smile when I saw the "Comanche" from "Fargo".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't know what Pierce Brosnan is packing here, though. He also doesn't pull off the Texas accent but his accent isn't as bad as the Europeans playing Southerners on the Walking Dead. Really good show, try it.
    Here's what I posted on my FB page on 12/28:

I wasn't going to give the upcoming AMC show "The Son" a chance because I don't like it when Hollywood has actors butcher Southern accents instead of just hiring an actor with a real Southern accent. I really don't like it when they use imported actors to do really bad Southern accents.
    Then I saw a promo for the show and realized the prop guy knocked it over the fence with a 1907 Winchester. Well played prop guy.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I started to get serious with it but not a single character hooked me the way every character in Hell on Wheels did. But I am kind of keeping up with it mostly. Not sure when the Col switched to his 1911 but it's made it into the last two episodes anyway.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I started to get serious with it but not a single character hooked me the way every character in Hell on Wheels did. But I am kind of keeping up with it mostly. Not sure when the Col switched to his 1911 but it's made it into the last two episodes anyway.
    I don't think I made it past the first episode of "Hell on Wheels".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Just killed episode one. I'm into it.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I started to get serious with it but not a single character hooked me the way every character in Hell on Wheels did.
    I enjoyed the first few seasons of Hell on Wheels, but it eventually lost me.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Here's what I posted on my FB page on 12/28:

[FONT="]I wasn't going to give the upcoming AMC show "The Son" a chance because I don't like it when Hollywood has actors butcher Southern accents instead of just hiring an actor with a real Southern accent. I really don't like it when they use imported actors to do really bad Southern accents.[/FONT]
    Then I saw a promo for the show and realized the prop guy knocked it over the fence with a 1907 Winchester. Well played prop guy.
    We can hang out.
    #RESIST

Two shows in. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, you guys got me interested. I don't have cable but I have Amazon Prime and Netflix. How can I watch this show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List