Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brass Sources

Brass Sources

So I have tons of 223 and 45 brass but I'm running really short on 9mm. Where are you guys finding brass? I've located some locally but it's basically floor sweepings from a local indoor range and the prices seem high for unknown used brass.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I've used this company in the past 6 months, no issues whatsoever.

http://ammobrass.com/9mm/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    So I have tons of 223 and 45 brass but I'm running really short on 9mm. Where are you guys finding brass? I've located some locally but it's basically floor sweepings from a local indoor range and the prices seem high for unknown used brass.
    I use monmouthreloading. I buy 6000 pieces cleaned. It comes very clean, and pretty well sorted. You will get an occasional 380 or makorov brass in there though.

Site Supporter
    I am so blessed to shoot at a club in NW GA where so many shooters leave so much brass laying on the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've used this company in the past 6 months, no issues whatsoever.

http://ammobrass.com/9mm/
    Looks like the way to go. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am so blessed to shoot at a club in NW GA where so many shooters leave so much brass laying on the ground!
    The only public range I use is indoors. Range staff does a decent job of keeping my brass pushed my way but still lose some. Outdoor range is private so we're just picking up what we shoot.

I'm the first to admit that I hate paying for used brass. Makes no sense but I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    I have the opposite problem. Tons of brass, no desire or time to reload at this point, and I am not sure:

1. where to advertise it?
    2. How to price it (honestly, half the found rate for once fired is fine)?
    3. How to ship it economically?

For now I am just tossing it into a sterilite and awaiting older age and no kids when I may have the time and inclination to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    3. How to ship it economically?
    I can't help you with 1 and 2, but 3 is pretty easy. USPS flat rate boxes, the smallest box that you can fit 63 lbs worth in. That is how bulk bullets are almost always shipped. $11 in shipping for 4,000 bullets works out pretty well. It would probably work out pretty well with brass too.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

I just ordered 5k 9mm from Monmouthreloading.com

Ill post back after ive received it.

Shoot matches where you can pick up afterwards, or get a membership in a club where reloading is not the norm and picking brass is acceptable.

Or buy in bulk. I've picked my fill over the last years and am ready to burn down my stockpiles or buy cheap/big bulk as required. Brass is relatively cheap right now.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List