Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAST with a revo

FAST with a revo

Any of the revolver guys here running the FAST with a revolver? I am relatively new to the revolver, only seriously shooting one since the very end of last year. Curious what sort of times skilled revolver guys are able to put up. My personal best is a 7.62, but it wasn't shot cold. My latest cold time is 8.70.

Smooth. You could gain a second or more using some sort of belt holder for your speed loaders.

I shot a 7 something in front of Todd a few years ago but missed head shots.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    That's pretty frickin' solid right there.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Smooth. You could gain a second or more using some sort of belt holder for your speed loaders.

I shot a 7 something in front of Todd a few years ago but missed head shots.
    Like a JOX... http://www.joxloaderpouches.com/Spee...20Pouches.html
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

The issue that I have had reloading with a belt mounted pouch is that when I clear the cover garment up, to clear the speedloader pouch, it falls onto the revolver, and covers the back of the cylinder because I index the gun off my lower stomach. When running from a pocket, I don't have clear the cover garment, so it isn't an issue. I could revisit the pouch thing though.

Great reload!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Great reload!
    Yeah, I am starting to seriously rethink my stubborn insistence on clinging to the old school juggling reload...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Yeah, I am starting to seriously rethink my stubborn insistence on clinging to the old school juggling reload...
    Comp II/III or JetLoaders work far better than twisty for non-juggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    The issue that I have had reloading with a belt mounted pouch is that when I clear the cover garment up, to clear the speedloader pouch, it falls onto the revolver, and covers the back of the cylinder because I index the gun off my lower stomach. When running from a pocket, I don't have clear the cover garment, so it isn't an issue. I could revisit the pouch thing though.
    https://cpwsa.com/products/ready-tac...oonclip-holder This is what I use, but I have an open front cover garment. It looks like the JOX would conceal better. For a few bucks you could get one of each and experiment with placing etc. I keep my speed loaders at about 2:30 or so, just in front of my holster. I also do a weak hand reload. I slide my hand in under the garment instead of pushing it out of the way. Maybe you could slide your hand up under your shirt and it wouldn't get in the way. I'll add again. That is solid shooting.

That is some great shooting OP. Well done.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List