Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are parts available for this 380?

Are parts available for this 380?

Hi there everyone!

My brother gave me this Tanfoglio 380 acp when he upgraded pistols. It came with one clip and a pretty uncomfortable wood grip. I've tried to find additional clips and upgrade parts but I can't find anything at all for it.

You can click images for biggie sized:

If my Googling is to be believed, this is not a desirable pistol so I thought maybe asking for an upgraded grip might be something that won't happen but I really thought I'd find a clip or two, at least on eBay but so far I've struck out.

Any thoughts or insight on finding either or both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Those guns were built under several brand names over the years, from FIE and others IIRC, so you might expand your search on names to get more choices that might work.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 05-12-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Thank you very much for your help, Chuck. With your info, I managed to find a pistol named the FIE Titan II, where some of the models looked similar but others under that label differed, for instance the screw locations on the pistol grip were off on some but similar in others.

Any other mfgr or model names that someone might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. I can't find any wiki information concerning this particular model.

Put 100 rounds through this pistol before you spend anything on upgrades. You may decide it's not worth the trouble.

Also, "magazine" might be a more productive search term than "clip".

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I don't know if this will help or not
    http://eaacorp.com/magazine-lookup

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    As far as aftermarket parts like grips and such, you're probably out of luck. Spare mags are most likely going to be found on Gunbroker or from the guy at the gun show with three tables covered in plastic tubs and a big overhead sign that reads "CLIPS!!!"<sic>.

I went and checked at Numrich under the Tanfo GT380 and Excam Titan II names and came up bupkis for spares, so if you break an extractor or mag catch, things could be iffy in replacing the busted part. If you really want to shoot it much, buying a second gun as a backup or for parts might not be a bad idea.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Is this close?

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/88700B.htm

At any rate, scroll down to the bottom of the page here:

http://www.jocoemprise.com/pistols/eaa.html

EAA Excam, Tanfaglio, GT380 Single Stack Price: $30.00

And you'll see that this man shows your mag for $30, if I'm not missing something.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I should have thought of that. Triple K makes mags for everything.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I should have thought of that. Triple K makes mags for everything.
    My safe pales in comparison to yours when it comes to haunted magazine-fed curiousities, but a modest stash of WW II items and the odd toggle-action .22 have given me at least 3-stripe white belt shopping skills.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Put 100 rounds through this pistol before you spend anything on upgrades. You may decide it's not worth the trouble.

Also, "magazine" might be a more productive search term than "clip".

Okie John
    Correct. I teach that every time you call a magazine a "clip" or a round of ammo a "bullet", God kills a puppy.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List