Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest reason for having to downsize my NPE gun.

Stupidest reason for having to downsize my NPE gun.

Whores.

Dirty, filthy, whores.

I'm literally the ONLY male nurse in my facility. I mostly work third shift, which tends to attract a...different, shall we say, personality group. Several of my CNAs and a couple of my fellow nurses have made pretty obvious advances. This has ranged from "Excuse me Miss, but I believe that you've rubbed your ass on my penis.", to "She can touch you. You can't touch her. It's $40 per song."

As the banner under my name states, I'm the token fat guy. Not to put too gross an image in you mind, but to rub my junk, you have to MEAN to...it isn't something that you can physically get to by accident.

At the last place I worked, I carried a 19 in a Phlster Skeleton, right at 12 o'clock. For an absolute real fear of someone "feeling my gun", I've swapped to my 43 moved closer to 2 o'clock, in one of the new Phlster Skeleton Gen2s.

Two points that everyone is going to make...

1) No, I'm not going to stop carrying at work. That's just not who I am as a person.
    2) Yes, this is absolutely inappropriate behavior, I agree. No I'm not going to report it. Partly because It's only about 62% unwelcomed, but also because without absolute proof, nothing would get done about it....other than just making my life a little harder.

Bottom line is, this is a very stupid problem to have...and I'm not really sure that I'm mad that I have it.

*end of rant/brag

Carry a BFR. You'll soon have either your personal space back or some _very_ good friends.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

As someone who works in a profession dominated by women, mostly attractive women, I feel your pain. Difficult waters to wade through, also did I mention, I love my wife and how she simply laughs at girls hitting on or flirting with me?
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-12-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    As someone who works in a profession dominated by women, mostly attractive women, I feel your pain.
    You could have saved us all an extra click posting a link to your 'about me.'
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I get where you are coming from...being a nurse is pretty cool...except that 62% that's unwelcome...yeah that's the 80something ladies with CO2 levels in the 90s trying to grab my junk...Or dudes coming off of ETOH withdrawal who don't understand that I'm a dude...but then they just try to grab my tatas or slap my ass... definitely won't get made.

Buut..I don't carry where I'm not allowed. No carry signs here carry force of law and I've had to wrestle patients before...my gun pops out, I don't just get fired, I go to jail and lose my license.

As the token fat guy, have you considered bra carry? (I kid, I kid)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You said harder......

AIWB is the carry of choice of NYPD UC guys back in the day, due to "bump frisk" habits the hookers had to try and ID cops....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Carry a BFR. You'll soon have either your personal space back or some _very_ good friends.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    Two words "flare gun".

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I've had to wrestle patients before...my gun pops out, I don't just get fired, I go to jail and lose my license.
    I understand, and if I were in your shoes I might go the same way. In the 6 months that I've been working at my job, we've had to call the police twice and pray that they arrived at the facility before a resident's family member did. In both instances, the family members were pissed when they found out that "momma's money" wasn't going exclusively into their bank account anymore. Their response was to call the facility while high/drunk and inform the receptionist that they were going to stop by and kill everyone.

Local cops arrested both of them in the parking lot. One had a shovel, the other had a break-action 20 gauge, but no shells.

Site Supporter
    Holy shit...yeah I'd be carrying too bro.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd be looking for a new place of employment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List