Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal SIG 320 Journey

Personal SIG 320 Journey

I would avoid the penny on the front sight dry fire advice. You need to learn how to press the trigger at speed and not move the gun, which is likely not what you will be doing (pressing the trigger fast) if you stick a penny on it. Check this drill out:

Taken from another thread on here, do this drill over and over again both dry and live fire: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rk-The-Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by mgobel View Post
    I discovered that when I used more trigger finger then I would normally use with a striker fired pistol the problem went away
    +1.

Even Pat MacNamara recommends "sink more finger on the trigger." When using this method (finger tip on the trigger), the trigger finger is essentially a fulcrum where sinking the finger becomes a vice. The vice pulls evenly while the fulcrum speeds up at the end of the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
    +1.

Even Pat MacNamara recommends "sink more finger on the trigger." When using this method (finger tip on the trigger), the trigger finger is essentially a fulcrum where sinking the finger becomes a vice. The vice pulls evenly while the fulcrum speeds up at the end of the squeeze.
    I would point out also though that he recommends sinking more finger on the trigger if NOT sinking more finger on the trigger DOESN'T work for you. For some people with some guns because of how man would interact with machine doing that would cause problems, not solve them.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    You may want to change the springs for the extractor and extractor pin.
    Just finished the P320 Armorer's Class yesterday. I was told the fix for these extractor issues is an upgraded "extractor spring pin", which is purported to be 1mm longer and redesigned to sit deeper to hold more tension on the spring and extractor pin. (I was given a 'new' one, but it looks the same as my old one - which had malfunctions, so I don't know which is which. Pictures in the manual look different than one in my weapon.) The extractor pin and extractor spring are unchanged. Also, all three components must be fit together, meaning have the extractor spring snugged up on either end, so it is all one unit during install. If they are installed separately, it could be the cause of problems. I should be able to get to the range this weekend and run some known good and suspect rounds through my pistol.

There were several other minor upgrades to the interior lock work since I took the armorer's class in 2016. For example: the striker has been lightened, the striker housing has been modified slightly to capture the rear of the safety lock lever (to make re-assembly easier), and the sear pivot spring now installs from left to right (to match all the other pins).

The instructor had a P320 with the manual safety for us to handle. If you want a manual safety, it was very nice, and as close in location, form and function to an ambidextrous 1911 safety as I have seen on a modern pistol. The engagement was a positive "snick" both on and off, without a lot of "mush". They will be out "soon". Kidding, he didn't know when they would be available.

They are keeping up with production at this point and our department guns are in the pipeline. Also an upgraded "LE" model Romeo sight is in the works, with a beefed up base and more protection for the front of the lens.

Chicago PD recently approved the P320, but with tamper resistant takedown levers and extractor assembly, to prevent individual officer 'armoring'.

Quote Originally Posted by smithjd View Post

The instructor had a P320 with the manual safety for us to handle. If you want a manual safety, it was very nice, and as close in location, form and function to an ambidextrous 1911 safety as I have seen on a modern pistol. The engagement was a positive "snick" both on and off, without a lot of "mush". They will be out "soon". Kidding, he didn't know when they would be available.
    Top Gun Supply advertised on FaceySpace that they have some in Compact format -- kind of want but I'd like to handle one first. Link
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    A full size slide on a carry frame with the thumb safety would be pretty cool if the safety works well.

I actually got to handle a 320 C with an external safety last month at a local shooting range/store. I agree with the above statement in that it's as close to a 1911 safety that I have felt on a striker fired pistol. The position was good and it was very positive engaging and disengaging. If I wanted an external safety, this would be the gun that I would buy at the moment.

Just got back from the sig academy, where I picked up a 320c rx. I also had the chance to look at the full size and compact models they are making for the army. They were both awesome guns with some revolutionary upgrades I thought I'd never see on a military pistol. The full size gun actually is the full length slide on the compact frame. Both had safeties that in fact did remind me of a 1911 safety.

Please keep us updated on the extraction issue and if the new parts cured it.

I have heard about intermittent failures to extract but in another 320 thread was told that it was early models. I have head this from newer models as well so it makes me ponder.

If the thumb safety version comes out soon I may check one out because the lack of a Gadget keeps me at bay....

Haven't ran much ammo through my new 320 RX, maybe 300 rnds but no issues so far or anything that concerns me it's been a tack driver.

User Tag List