Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal SIG 320 Journey

Update:

My P320 spontaneously started the apparently somewhat common fail to extract this past weekend. I had previously shot somewhere over 2000 rounds of mixed type, with the most Blazer aluminum, all without issue. As I flew in to the area for my class, I purchased a case locally, which turned out to be Blazer Brass. Problems started soon, but were very sporadic, sometimes several per magazine, sometimes several magazines between stoppage. The empty case was left hanging partway out of the chamber, with the next round driven up underneath it, not into the back of the case as in the classic double feed.

An "RGG" (really good guy) loaned my his spare 320 for the final day of testing (Thank you Brian!). And, it also choked 3-4 times during the first 50 rounds. So another RGG spotted me some Magtech ammo (Thank you Gary!). Problems solved.

The rims on the Speer brass appear to be very slightly undersized. I will shoot my 320 some more, but at this point am comfortable attributing these stoppages to the practice ammo.

And, I will drive to the next class and bring all my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I recommend trying a small gripframe. I and two of my USPSA shooting buddies use Sm. As Surf's excellent video illustrates, grip can have a big effect on the lateral forces placed on the trigger. In my experience, too big a grip often causes L bias and too small a R bias.
    Excellent comment and one of the reasons I (even with XL hands) find 4th Gen Glocks with no backstrap to have less inherent left bias for ME than my 2nd and 3rd Gen guns. I find the 4th Gen a bit more forgiving of sloppy grip.

I had an opportunity to put some rounds through a full size 320 not long ago and really like it. Trigger was excellent!
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-29-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Update. Ordered one SMALL CARRY and one SMALL FULLSIZE grip modules from Quantico - on back order so waiting patiently. Have exchanged one APEX FLAT ADVANCED trigger for one of the APEX CURVED ADVANCED triggers - been traveling and look forward to trying that next few days.

As far as hitting "left", I am sure that is all "me" and I have been reading multiple theories of grip and trigger pull to "fix" while I have been traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I recommend trying a small gripframe. I and two of my USPSA shooting buddies use Sm. As Surf's excellent video illustrates, grip can have a big effect on the lateral forces placed on the trigger. In my experience, too big a grip often causes L bias and too small a R bias.
    What video of Surf's are you referring too? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    What video of Surf's are you referring too? Just curious.
    I think it's this one. The original link is offline.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-eJTS_5qg
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I had the exact same problem with one of mine. I replaced the extractor, extractor spring, extractor pin and extractor pin spring. Seems good to go now. I was told the early 320's had extraction problems. May or may not be true.
    Last edited by Oukaapie; 05-30-2017 at 04:01 PM.

I bought mine June 2016. New extractor on the way. Will be at an armorers class next week. It will come up.

"I consistently shoot about 3 inches left of POI at 10 yards - a nice group too - but consistently left. Shifted rear sight right - still consistently shoot left - so must be an issue with my technique."

Have you spent a LOT of time dry firing your handgun, working to keep a penny balanced on the front post from falling when you press the trigger? Helps to have a buddy help you with this, obviously, but the more time you spend really mastering your trigger press, the less time you are going to spend putting them low/left (which is a classic trigger control issue, particularly with striker action triggers).

Trust me on this. Had to learn this one myself the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by smithjd View Post
    I bought mine June 2016. New extractor on the way. Will be at an armorers class next week. It will come up.
    You may want to change the springs for the extractor and extractor pin.
    Last edited by Oukaapie; 05-30-2017 at 11:36 PM.

I shot left with my 320 also. I have the compact with a medium frame. I discovered that when I used more trigger finger then I would normally use with a striker fired pistol the problem went away. I tried both the medium and small group frames but the grip frame didn't seem to be the issue.

Mark

User Tag List