Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Personal SIG 320 Journey

I bought a used 320 compact a few weeks ago that had a manufacture date of may 2015. Had multiple failures to extract with 124 grain speer lawman per magazine. Interestingly it had no problem with 115 grain blazer brass. Returned the pistol to scheels who has an awesome 30 day return policy and they sent it back to sig and I ended up buying a new may 2017 manufactured 320 compact. Haven't had any failures within the first 250 rounds but have experienced some erratic ejection with 115 grain blazer time will tell if that will change. Ejection with the 124 grain lawman is robust though so that's good since I have a lot of that ammo.

I have heard from a trooper buddy of mine in Oklahoma that they had to turn in their first issued 320's for new ones due to failures to extract.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 320, MPX and MCX all seem like works in progress.
    This is true of all Sig Sauer products. Even the well established Classic series of guns is constantly changed either in design(short to long extractor) or manufacture(Israeli or Indian made parts).

The 320 seems to be doing okay and I think that the MCX has a lot of promise. I don't care enough about the MPX to follow weather it is working or not. Sig seems to want to do well, but they need to slow down and focus on QC a little more.

Evolving designs is not necessarily a bad thing but at some point people will wonder what testing was done before shipping and why simple things were not corrected before the design went to production.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 07-28-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    OP. Called SIG again and got a different CS rep. Explained my FTE issues and he immediately sent me a FEDEX label to return the SIG 320 Compact. I immediately boxed it up and it is on its way back to SIG. Shot my buddy's CZ P10C again this afternoon - I will be watching to see if issues arise with the new CZ striker pistol. Right now, I can see the SIG 320 Compact being traded for a CZ P10C if it proves reliable.
    Last edited by ranger; 07-28-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    OP here. Went to the range today - just a beautiful but hot day. I went to the range with the specific intent to shoot a variety of pistols to compare and contrast. Set up an IDPA stage with barrels for cover and 3 IDPA paper targets. Started off with my used but new to me SA 1911 Lightweight Operator 45 - shot well, as expected some recoil noticed with a lightweight frame 45. Then shot my SA 1911 9mm RO - so much fun to shoot that specific pistol with the heavy weight, outstanding trigger, and mild 9mm. Then moved to my SIG 320 Fullsize 9mm which is now in a small frame module - shot well but still slightly left for me - but after shooting two 1911s, the trigger pull made me think of shooting a double action revolver. Not saying that is bad but that thought keep coming back to mind. Finished with a few runs on the stage with my CCW M&P FS 9 just to confirm it is running well - I shoot the M&P better than the 320 so far. Finally, finished the day with 50 rounds of cheap steel case through my SIG MPX SBR with CMore to confirm zero etc. as I have a PCC like event tomorrow. The MPX is so easy to shoot and gobbles up the cheap ammo. Again, the SIG 320 ran with no issues but is soulless compared to the 1911s and has a revolver DA feel to me.

I dunno. we've got somewhere around 3-4000 through three different 320a, the only issue I've seen was two failures to fire in the first 50 round box. Are we three times lucky? That would be a first for me...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    OP here. My SIG 320 Compact was returned from SIG today by FEDEX. Shipped July 28 and returned August 9. SIG paid for shipping both ways and no charges for repairs. My complaint was failure to extract. Receipt from SIG states "Inspected pistol. Replaced Extractor. Replaced Extractor Spring. Test fired 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 115JHP no issues. Meets factory spec." I appreciate the repair and the fast turn around; but, I guess it needs to go back for the voluntary safety upgrade (different thread).

User Tag List