Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Personal SIG 320 Journey

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    'member when the official PF gun was the P30L LEM?
    Them was the days, 'ol boy.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    I'll likely switch to the P320, though I have had nothing but good service from my G19, since the M17 is going to be our issued pistol, I may as well make my carry/occasional competition pistol the same as my duty pistol. Not to mention the general slight performance improvements that many of yall are reporting when swapping to the P320.

The fact that SIG is going to release a commercial version of the M17 makes it more appealing: "G&A’s staff can report that SIG Sauer will offer an almost-identical consumer version (sans U.S. government markings) of this pistol."

http://www.gunsandammo.com/military-...#ixzz4mqlbjLEO
    My local store has a few Sig P320 Compacts with Thumb Safety WITH 15 Round mags. Looks identical to the military version imo

Site Supporter
    OP here. Called SIG today and talked to customer service about my SIG 320 Compact/Carry failure to extract issues. Per serial number, my 320 was made in January 2015. SIG CS said send the pistol to them at my cost plus pay $65 for inspection, repair, and return shipping. I politely inquired if there were other options such as SIG sending me a new extractor and extractor spring at which the CS rep stated they could supply those parts at $23 but if install myself that would void the warranty. I politely pointed that there did not seem to be a warranty if I was paying shipping, etc. at $65 for them to repair. I also pointed out that I am from Atlanta area and that I was accustomed to visiting Glock Smyrna and getting no cost service with issues. All conversation polite on both sides but I was disappointed - I chose to not send the 320 in or buy the extractor and springs. Pondering next steps. In big scheme of things not that much money but I am disappointed that the SIG 320 seems to have known FTE issues but I have to pay to repair. May keep the full size 320 as a range pistol and sell the compact/carry 320 as it is not reliable (will disclose my FTE issue when I sell).

I would suggest you call them back.You have a Gen1 and they should be repairing free of charge as its a known issue. I had an issue with CS with my 17 round mags not accepting but 15 and 16 even loading them up and letting them set for a few weeks.First time I called they did not want to do anything about it but I called back the next day and the CS rep( different one) sent two of the new ones with a return sticker to send back my others at no charge.
    Of all my handguns the 320 is my go to Carry

Name:  Sig1.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  66.0 KB

I just received my 2016 era P320 Carry / Compact back from the RMA for extraction issues. I had replaced all the extractor parts prior to sending it back in (I'm a certified Armorer), still no joy with Speer Lawman ammo. After it was received, I got a call from the service shop. I explained what was wrong and that I'd already attempted avoid the RMA and remedy it by replacing all the extractor parts (sent to me by LE reps). It was better, but I still got 2 or 3 failures to extract in the first three boxes after the parts swap. I mentioned the different generations of slides, but was poo-poo'd.

I just received it back today and went to test fire. It made it 144 trouble free rounds. #145 stopped in the same failure to eject, using the latest generation of magazine. I stopped right there and have already sent off another email.

Very disappointing. I want to like this gun. It shoots as well for me as any service pistol I ever tried. I have never had a stoppage with duty rounds and other brands of ammo, but still cannot abide this.

Vending Machine Operator
    Man, what the heck does warranty even mean when it's gonna cost you like $90 to get a $500 gun fixed for something that's their fault?!

Welcome to government contract Sig, AKA Colt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Man, what the heck does warranty even mean when it's gonna cost you like $90 to get a $500 gun fixed for something that's their fault?!

Welcome to government contract Sig, AKA Colt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed. I've been VERY disappointed in Sig CS the last couple years. I've been told by Sig CS reps more than once that 2 or 3 FTE's in 100 rounds is an acceptable failure rate...in my personally-owned law enforcement duty gun. Right...

It is hit and miss though. Some reps will give you the run around, others will fire off an RMA with no questions asked. I'll join the chorus and recommend calling back.

Take it higher up the food chain, all the way to the SIG LE director.
    Although I've never heard of this before, I guess the term "known issue" is open to interpretation.
    Thousands and thousands now in service across the country and I never heard a word about extraction
    problems nor have I experienced any with training or duty ammo in about 12k rounds and 4 pistols from 2014 production to current.

There have been quite a few reports of extraction problems with the P320 and they seem to have been primarily with the 9mm compact model. I have heard that SIG has modified the extractor spring and some who sent their pistols to SIG have stated that they returned with an extractor that was visibly slightly different, so SIG may have modified the extractor somewhere along the line.

The 320, MPX and MCX all seem like works in progress.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List