Thread: Site stuck in vBulletin native

Site stuck in vBulletin native

I seem to have lost the "skin" on my laptop. Looks fine on my ipad, so not sure what the issue is.

thanks!

I did a search and looked at archive material and lost the skin. I cleaned my cache and it's good, but I'm just curious what causes this?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I had it happen once and found Rob's post above, leading me to the cure. Then it happened yesterday, so it's not like it's an all the time thing.
    Last edited by Hambo; 06-16-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I suspect you followed a link that included a styleid (like in the link above that I posted that people can use to switch back). I keep the default style active because anytime I report a bug in the forum software or a plugin, the vendor always asks "does this happen when using the default style?". Perhaps I need to look into the options and see what I can tweak to prevent this. I had no idea it was happening to people since it's never happened to me.
    It usually happens to me when I follow a link into PF from Google. Seems to set a cookie and once I clear that cookie I get back the PF-specific skin.
    Not all unstyled links from Google do it, but many do.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by 1911nerd View Post
    It usually happens to me when I follow a link into PF from Google. Seems to set a cookie and once I clear that cookie I get back the PF-specific skin.
    It's probably when you go to an archived thread which displays in plain text.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by 1911nerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It's probably when you go to an archived thread which displays in plain text.
    Thats what just happened to me. Archived thread from google. There is a link at the bottom of the page to see in full version.
    Last edited by UNK; 06-18-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

FWIW, I'm having this problem again, both on the iPad and laptop in Chrome, when clicking on search results it sends me to a "native" view and then all of my PF browsing is stuck in native until I come here and click the "reset" link.

User Tag List