Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle PD can't use suspect anymore in reports...

Seattle PD can't use suspect anymore in reports...

They have to use "community member"

https://www.policeone.com/use-of-for...n-UOF-reports/

SEATTLE — The Seattle Police Department is changing their terminology in use of force reports.

Instead of calling a suspect a suspect, the new term will be “community member,” KIRO reported.
    Can someone explain this to me that has some brass on their collar? It makes zero sense.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

https://www.policeone.com/use-of-for...n-UOF-reports/

Can someone explain this to me that has some brass on their collar? It makes zero sense.

This is really dumb.

Site Supporter
    Academia believes that the use of terms like "suspect" and "target" are overly prejudicial....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Academia believes that the use of terms like "suspect" and "target" are overly prejudicial....
    Academia clearly doesn't respond to ODs or domestics
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    SJWs love labeling theory.

Bernberg, J., Krohn, M., & Rivera, C. (2006). Official Labeling, Criminal Embeddedness, and Subsequent Delinquency: A Longitudinal Test of Labeling Theory. Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, 43 (1), 67-88.
    Last edited by Jason M; 05-12-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    SJWs love labeling theory.

Bernberg, J., Krohn, M., & Rivera, C. (2006). Official Labeling, Criminal Embeddedness, and Subsequent Delinquency: A Longitudinal Test of Labeling Theory. Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, 43 (1), 67-88.
    I am familiar with it but clearly you can only call a turd something for so long before people start to disregard the label...
    VDMSR.com

What do chiefs do that makes sense?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The little gems in their state prison went from "inmate" to "offender" and are now to be referred to as "students." Gary Ridgeway, the "Green River Killer"who killed at least 48 women and claims 80 over several decades, must be referred to as "student."

These folks got shite for brains.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 05-12-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    What do chiefs do that makes sense?
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Called it.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List