Thread: Need suggestions for EDC WML, not surefire.

Need suggestions for EDC WML, not surefire.

I've been carrying surefire for years, about a year ago I replaced my trusty x300 with an X300U. It crapped out on me, and after I sent it in to surefire I got tired of waiting and call for status. They tell me they don't have it and there's nothing they can do, so I'm done with surefire.

I'm considering the streamlight TLR-1 HL, but thought I would get recommendations before pulling the trigger. FYI I am of the bright light is also a weapon school of thought, so I want something with big output, I change batteries in everything monthly out of habit, so I don't have a huge life requirement.

thanks in advance.

I really like the streamlight TLR1s version of WML's. The HL is good but depending on exactly what you are using it for the battery life, from what I've seen, is not the best. But it is extremely bright.

What kind of capacity are you looking to use a WML in? Rifle? CCW? Duty?

Just for reference I did a review of the tlr1s - http://www.vdmsr.com/2013/11/streaml...l-mounted.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I employ a TLR-1 HL on a Glock 17 as well as an AR. Pleased with performance and reliability thus far.

I use Surefire on my shotgun and handheld lights but I have similar confidence in Streamlight from personal as well as anecdotal experience.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'll be using it on my CCW glock 17 with MRDS. I don't use my carry gun for range time, so the battery will get no use unless I find myself having to draw. I will probably just find a used regular TLR-1 to put on my training gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    I've been carrying surefire for years, about a year ago I replaced my trusty x300 with an X300U. It crapped out on me, and after I sent it in to surefire I got tired of waiting and call for status. They tell me they don't have it and there's nothing they can do
    Did the same thing when I sent a 60 round mag in that went tits up from falling loaded. THey just lost it. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I followed the herd and bought a TLR-1 two years ago.

It still works, I've not had any problem with it, at all.

I confess I don't use it much these days.

I personally like the size, weight & form factor of the Inforce APL, but I've only tried a couple of holsters and they didn't work well for me so I've ditched the IWB WML for my needs.

I'm curious to what holster and how you were carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    I've been carrying surefire for years, about a year ago I replaced my trusty x300 with an X300U. It crapped out on me, and after I sent it in to surefire I got tired of waiting and call for status. They tell me they don't have it and there's nothing they can do, so I'm done with surefire.

I'm considering the streamlight TLR-1 HL, but thought I would get recommendations before pulling the trigger. FYI I am of the bright light is also a weapon school of thought, so I want something with big output, I change batteries in everything monthly out of habit, so I don't have a huge life requirement.

thanks in advance.
    You blame Surefire for a failure of the mail/courier delivery system? Unless a tracking number has confirmed delivery, I would not hold that against Surefire.

I do not worship any manufacturer, but I am very satisfied with several Surefire WMLs; original X200, X200B, X300, and X300U, plus two made for the Remington 870, integral-fore-end type, with incandescent bulbs, which I passed along to a younger colleagues, in anticipation of buying newer versions. (I recently switched to Benelli, and in the interest of keeping things light-weight and slim, will probably skip the integral-fore-end light systems.) I still have all of my several X-series WMLs, except for one that a colleague seems to have borrowed from the patrol vehicle, after I carelessly left it in the glovebox at the end of the shift.

I will concede that Surefire may have taken a bad turn. I hope not, but I probably have a lifetime supply of WMLs at this point, so will be OK.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-12-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Allow me to clarify. I confirmed it was delivered via the tracking number several weeks before the call. At the time of the call I could not locate the tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    You blame Surefire for a failure of the mail/courier delivery system? Unless a tracking number has confirmed delivery, I would not hold that against Surefire.

I do not worship any manufacturer, but I am very satisfied with several Surefire WMLs; original X200, X200B, X300, and X300U, plus two made for the Remington 870, integral-fore-end type, with incandescent bulbs, which I passed along to a younger colleagues, in anticipation of buying newer versions. (I recently switched to Benelli, and in the interest of keeping things light-weight and slim, will probably skip the integral-fore-end light systems.) I still have all of my several X-series WMLs, except for one that a colleague seems to have borrowed from the patrol vehicle, after I carelessly left it in the glovebox at the end of the shift.

I will concede that Surefire may have taken a bad turn. I hope not, but I probably have a lifetime supply of WMLs at this point, so will be OK.

User Tag List