Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Shield for $250

Vending Machine Operator
    I have tried to justify buying one of these with every mental gymnastic I can think of, but I have no use for one.

Screaming deal for anyone that grabs it though.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Makes me want to see the shield 2.0

Vending Machine Operator
    So, I have a 5-6 year old LCP gen 1. The current-production Bodyguard 380 no-safety can be had for like $200 with the rebate. Are those generally okay? Sights look better at least.

I don't carry .380 generally but I enjoy having the LCP option when I can't carry anything else.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-23-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Eh, you know what? Palmetto has the no-safety 9mm Shield for $290. That's like $215 after the rebate. Worth the risk, that's less than a pallet of ammo and I can easily resell at that price. Grabbed one. Shipping, tax, all of it was $306, $221 post-rebate. Taurus prices for the best Shield model. Nice.

Sorry for the double post, was too late to edit.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-23-2017 at 05:51 PM.

The local Cabelas had them on sale and because I had a bunch of points and they had the rebate, I walked out with one at a Hi Point price.

10 mags through it and it shoots great, not a single malfunction so far. Mrs. SC is growing pretty fond of it. She is going to make it a backup to her compact 9mm 1911. A friend is going to make a custom holster for it.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 05-23-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I am weak. It was $306 shipped from PSA. My FFL charges $25 for a transfer, so I'll be $331 into it, less $75.00 for the rebate = $256. And the lowest price I've seen in town was pushing $400.

So, I'm on the side of, if I don't like it, and SHMBO doesn't like it, and neither offspring likes it, I'll keep it as a cheap spare/loaner, or sell it and not lose money.

I don't see myself passing this up. Going to call my local pusher tomorrow and see if he'll match before buying online. They're a massive S&W dealer and most likely have hundreds of Shields in their warehouse.

I'll do no manual safety, but if the Shield 2.0 comes out with a 1911ish thumb safety a'la M&P, I'm gonna be salty.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-23-2017 at 11:36 PM.

I'm not crazy about the Shield's trigger, but at that price I can MAKE myself like it! I need to seriously analyze whether I want my next slightly impulse purchase to be the Walther Creed I had intended to buy, or the Shield.
    Last edited by MichaelS.; 05-23-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I don't see myself passing this up. Going to call my local pusher tomorrow and see if he'll match before buying online. They're a massive S&W dealer and most likely have hundreds of Shields in their warehouse.

I'll do no manual safety, but if the Shield 2.0 comes out with a 1911ish thumb safety a'la M&P, I'm gonna be salty.
    Why not get a manual safety?

Vending Machine Operator
    For anyone considering: I've had 6 hours or so since the purchase and I have no buyer's remorse. It's an insane deal.

User Tag List