Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slide Milling for RDS

Slide Milling for RDS

Who miils a slide for a Red Dot that uses a setup similar to the MOS with plates so you can change to different brands of red dots.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Who miils a slide for a Red Dot that uses a setup similar to the MOS with plates so you can change to different brands of red dots.
    Why not but an mos?

Or better yet, an atom which takes all the above reliably.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Why not but an mos?

Or better yet, an atom which takes all the above reliably.
    I havent decided on a 17 or a 19. I would go Gen5. I don't think the MOS Gen 5's are available in the 17 yet? Really would like a 17 lower with a 19 length upper. Atom thats who I was thinking but I couldn't remember the name.. Thanks VDM
    Good to see you posting again. I have been on your website several times in the past few days.
    Last edited by UNK; 10-01-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

From my own experience I highly recommend Mark Housel, owner of L&M Precision Gunworks.

Had Mark mill my Shield slide sev. yrs. ago for a DP after receiving recommendations for him from men like Kevin B & Gary Roberts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    From my own experience I highly recommend Mark Housel, owner of L&M Precision Gunworks.

Had Mark mill my Shield slide sev. yrs. ago for a DP after receiving recommendations for him from men like Kevin B & Gary Roberts.
    To clarify, L&M mills slides both for specific RDS and for the ATOM system.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I havent decided on a 17 or a 19. I would go Gen5. I don't think the MOS Gen 5's are available in the 17 yet? Really would like a 17 lower with a 19 length upper. Atom thats who I was thinking but I couldn't remember the name.. Thanks VDM
    Good to see you posting again. I have been on your website several times in the past few days.
    Ah gen5, ok.

As csat neighbor stated L&M is top notch but he's always backlogged. I used saurez and had a good experience so I'd recommend checking them out.

I didn't actually stop posting, I've been training for the last week+, so posting isn't something I had time for.

Anyway, I think I've seen a few gen5's done here or there.

I'd recommend, if you were so inclined and funded, to get L&M to do the atom cut on the gen5 of your choice and that way you can use the plates.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I used saurez and had a good experience so I'd recommend checking them out.
    Suarez milled a G19 slide for me several years ago, and I had a good experience too. I'm not sure they offer the ATOM or any universal milling, but they do sell a universal mount that fits into the rear sight dovetail. My bias would be to have my slide milled, but I've never used one of the dove tail mounts.

Another satisfied customer for Suarez milling work here. High quality and delivered when promised. I also had Mark at L&M do an iron sight install before he moved back east. Super fast turnaround from Mark. I’d trust either for an RMR install.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I've used both Mark Housel at L&M Precision and ATEi. I'd recommend either.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I searched for months before finding an ATOM slide because I wasn't sure what dot I wanted. Then I gave in and had my other slide milled for an RMR from ATEi just like everyone else. I'll be listing my ATOM slide for sale soon. Just my experience, but I wish I would have just skipped over the whole universal RDS mount to begin with.

User Tag List