Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is the Olight S1R the best mini EDC light we have to date?

I've been going through my EDC light options - GoingGear has a great youtube channel, in which he has a large library of reviews of every EDC light out there. (EDC knives, too.)

I recently have used a Surefire Titanium Plus. Single AAA battery - 300 lumens for one hour - pretty impressive. It also has a 15L and 75L mode. It's not the easiest for one hand manipulation, because you have to rotate the head to change settings, but it's tiny and weighs nothing. It's also pricey at $90. I've also ordered a Fenix LD12, to get a single AA option, and a tailcap interface. I got it a good price at Banggood for $36 free shipping ($50 otherwise).

Carrying an EDC light has made me less beholden to marrying the perfect WML to my guns.

Site Supporter
    I added a Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA to my Amazon cart along with a few other items a couple of months ago. I'd never carried a EDC light previously but this one quickly filled that role. It's small enough to be unobtrusive in the pocket along with my other EDC items but powerful enough to be useful and the low setting is more than ample for most general use. The pocket clip allows for bezel up or down carry and has had up wonderfully so far. The option to run a CR123 battery for maximum power but refuel with a common AA in a pinch is a big plus in my book too. I've found it on par quality wise with my Surefires and a better value. I'm pleased enough to be considering adding a few more.

User Tag List