Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for the better overall .22lr small revolver

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I had a 317LS once - the trigger was awful. It was good as a finger strength exerciser though. Ditched it. Don't know if the new SW snubbies are better. Some p-f folks shoot them. See the past threads as suggested.
    Rimfire J-frames tend to have awful triggers by nature, and it's hard to lighten them and still pop caps reliably. The only real cure is to polish them up, either via a good 'smith or just by shooting the bejeezus out of them.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Rimfire J-frames tend to have awful triggers by nature, and it's hard to lighten them and still pop caps reliably. The only real cure is to polish them up, either via a good 'smith or just by shooting the bejeezus out of them.
    Hence the prewar I-frames with their leaf mainspring.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Hence the prewar I-frames with their leaf mainspring.
    Yup. And postwar up to '52, but values on '46-'52 guns are getting pretty steamy.

ETA: But a 4" all steel Bekeart is kinda not super conducive to what the OP was looking for, what with it actually being heavier than the .32...
    Last edited by Tamara; 05-13-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Been carrying first-year 317 AirLite forever on dog walking duty. Have been carrying it as BUG quite frequently on duty and off loaded w Velocitors.

It's a feather compared to my 442, but the finish is nearly gone.

It's always shot a bit to the left so I hold right.

Had trigger polished and action tweaked for a Harris Pub mag story after they were announced. Can't remember name of 'Smith, he did a good job.

A K-frame aluminum 10-shot w adjustable sights would be a hoot.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

User Tag List