Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1-year anniversary & questions on Grip/Trigger Control?

Quote Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
    That said - have an inquiry on the recommended grip for better accuracy and follow-up shots... Have heard a lot:

1. C-clamp grip
    2. 100% full hard grip from both hands, ie., don't let the tail (the trigger finger) wag the dog (the gun)
    3. Support hand, with wrists locked, is responsible for recoil management as well as locking the pistol in place
    4. Push-pull tension (even in the Isosceles stance) as opposed to both push

The primary reason I'm asking is I'm having problems with my shots under speed or stress, ie., when cold (no warm-up), from a draw, etc! My guess is that it has to do with my trigger finger (the typical pushing down-left).

I dry practice trigger control 3x/week for several months now; but then, I still can't become consistent. Some have recommended that for the Glock, instead of using the center of the pad to have it closer to the joint.

It's essentially driving me nuts, and any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!
    Forget the push pull grip method. Just clamp down as hard as you can weak hand, and as hard as you can strong hand without losing dexterity in your trigger finger. You can get even more leverage by torquing/rotating your elbows outward. Look up some grip videos by Bob Vogel.

There is a huge difference in a slow/steady trigger press (what you're doing in the video) and an immediate/fast trigger press that you would be doing under time pressure. @taadski recommended a good drill to work in training the fast trigger press with minimal disturbance of the sights. Trigger press goes hand in hand with grip...the harder your grip the less perfect your trigger press has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    @taadski recommended a good drill to work in training the fast trigger press with minimal disturbance of the sights. Trigger press goes hand in hand with grip...the harder your grip the less perfect your trigger press has to be.
    Would really like to know this drill. Or at least let me know the drill name (if there is) that I may use the forum search.

Thanks in advanced!

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Gabe has a Drill of the Week called "Jerk the Trigger" which might provide a bit of an end goal for you in that regard.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rk-The-Trigger

OMG!?! Seriously...!!!

This is like one of the drills in Stoeger's book - press the trigger before par while aiming at a white wall. The aim is to get the least movement of the muzzle.

That said - a live fire version of the drill!?! The dry fire drill is already challenging enough...

Okay - I'm serious about getting better! I'll be adding this to my drills.

Thank you!!!

User Tag List