Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What did ya get for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Heh- I'm sure the others in the barracks appreciate the smaller amp- I know my dorm mates wern't too happy when I got that 100 watt Sunn amp those many years ago.

As a bassist, I've played around with effects over the years, but I usually keep things pretty straight, with just an ART MP tube direct box for a little bit of grit.

My first roomie in the AF had a component system hooked up to a set of Klipsch concert master speakers - he could rattle doors at the other end of the building!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post

I'm simply too blessed to be accepting gifts of any kind.
    Same here. I am very blessed with a wife that does not care about Valentine's, Xmas, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Been that way for years and it's truly a relief.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Couldn't be happier...
    Very nice, I got a Core All black for christmas last year. You're going to want to replace the batteries at least once a year depending how often you wear it. The backlight will start acting funny before the battery indicator warns you.

My wife got me a TAG Range Bag(Much needed) in A-TACS, and a RIPA solar powered battery charger/LED flashlight combo. Both very practical gifts.

No gun stuff, except I bought myself a Wilderness 5-stitch, but I got a nice ceramic burr coffee grinder, 16gb of storage for my Droid, some reading material and a nice memory foam pillow.

Probably best of all, though, is the kickass hi-fi my brother-in-law gave me. An HH Scott amp he restored (with help from his dad, who reads circuits like you or I do English), a decent Fisher turntable, and a set of nice Yamaha speakers. And a stack of nice LPs to get me started. It sounds fantastic.

Oh, and a Nook that I told my wife was for her...
    Last edited by Jac; 12-28-2011 at 05:06 PM.

My wife got me a Nook Tablet and a Leupold VX-II 3-9x50 for my '72 Win. M70 .338 Win. Mag.

GF took a bunch of my old unit and other gun related T-shirts and had them made into a quilt.

Then she was kind enough to add in a Dillon 650XL with .45 ACP dies, and a shit ton of the accessories so I can get started rolling my own in order to feed the hungry beast that is the Tommygun.

And MW3 for the PS3, so I can work on my fire and maneuver.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    GF took a bunch of my old unit and other gun related T-shirts and had them made into a quilt.
    That's pretty effing cool.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by cgcorrea View Post
    My wife got me a TAG Range Bag(Much needed) in A-TACS
    Awesome bag!

I didn't get any gun stuff for Christmas. My wife did get me a new longbow and some new wool (thank god) to keep me from freezing in my tree stand.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...53570000000000

Right now my music rig is an Epiphone Les Paul Studio in Alpine White/Black pickguard with Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies and a micro cube practice amp (don't have the room in my barracks for anything bigger). Not exactly the highest-end equipment, but it serves my current needs.
    I got a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal for that Mike Ness/Social Distortion sound

User Tag List