Thread: NRA Carry Guard

NRA Carry Guard

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I wanted to start a discussion about the NRA's new personal defense insurance product, NRA Carry Guard. You can read about it here https://www.nracarryguard.com/

Specifically I was hoping Marty Hayes (I think he is a member?) or anyone else qualified could comment on the product as compared to something like the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense network, of which I am currently a member.

At face value, I am attracted to the NRA product because it is backed by the NRA and by an insurance company (Chubb). What does everyone else think?
    Join FPC

saw a post on FB a few days ago about the USCCA being un-invited to the convention (as they would be a competitor to this new offering), and the article noted the profitable nature of this idea. about 200,000 members (uscca) paying an average of 200/year, resulted in somewhere between 30 -70 million per year. that's serious money.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    The linked article makes some very good points, which is why I am a member of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. The ability to have funds available to your attorney up front will be a big help in getting the attorney you want as well as any expert help you may need. Attorneys might be cautious or unwilling to take on cases if getting paid will only happen years in the future if at all.

I also like the fact that the network gets involved early to try to ensure that charges are not brought in the first place. It would be hard to put a price on being able to put an in incident behind you early and get on with your life.

I am and will remain a member of both organizations. If you carry a gun daily, you would be crazy not to be a member of the ACLDN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am and will remain a member of both organizations. If you carry a gun daily, you would be crazy not to be a member of the ACLDN.
    In fairness, Bill, I think it might be more prudent to say it would behoove folks to research and perhaps purchase a PLI policy that fits their own particular set of needs.

I carry a PLI policy but not from the same organization that you have opted for. Needs may and will most likely vary.
    Last edited by blues; 05-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Ugh! I did a search. Can't win. Thanks. A mod can merge or close, sorry.
    Last edited by ScotchMan; 05-10-2017 at 01:22 PM.

User Tag List