Thread: Tom Givens' Combative Pistol--May 6 & 7 @ Boondocks FTA

Tom Givens' Combative Pistol--May 6 & 7 @ Boondocks FTA

I just completed this class Sunday, and I can't say enough good things about how everything was handled and how much there was to learn! This wasn't my first experience with Tom, but I came away with an appreciation for how he seems to go deeper on many issues than I'd realized before. In the classroom we saw videos of the Dinkheller incident and the story of Lance Thomas, jeweler and gunfighter. Without going into all the details, I'll just say that Tom's comments, and more importantly his questions to us, reveals how much reasoned thought he has given to these matters. The same was true for his analysis of the 1986 Miami/FBI event.

On the range it was all business all the time.....with 22 shooters working in two relays. We were at Mark and Kim Condon's Boondock Firearms Training Academy, where the range was covered, protecting us from the sun. Although the temperature was moderate for this time of the year in MS, being shaded from the direct rays made a big difference for me (I'm 77.)

The tempo was brisk, with hustle being urged for everything except the pressing of the trigger. Tom packs a lot of shooting, along with appropriate commentary and critique into his course.

I could say more, but that's perhaps enough to give you an impression of how things went...a bit tired when I got home Sunday evening but know that this was the best $495 and two days that I've spent in a long time.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Good deal.

I'm taking this class in Everett WA end of June. Looking forward to it.

Site Supporter
    I attended this class as well and can attest to everything George said about it. Also, @John Hearne helped Tom with the instructing, and John's coaching definitely helped me correct some problems with my shooting. It was really a great class at a great facility.

George, we chatted during one the rides over to the range. It was nice to meet you.
    Last edited by pangloss; 05-12-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I attended this class as well and can attest to everything George said about it. Also, @John Hearne helped Tom with the instructing, and John's coaching definitely helped me correct some problems with my shooting. It was really a great class at a great facility.
    It was great to meet and help everyone. We'll be back....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I attended this class as well and can attest to everything George said about it.l.
    Agreed. I had a 3 day class w TG the weekend before.

User Tag List