Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SIG P320 X-Five

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    With ICE issuing what is basically an X carry they should be producing different size X carry grips. I mean who would adopt the only non modular version of a modular handgun handgun ? Oh, wait.......
    The military came really, really close. The initial design had a tamper proof takedown lever which mean that swapping the frame module would be impossible for the average grunt. As things were being finalized, they agreed to leave the striker lock tamper proof but to use a non-tamper takedown lever. If they hadn't, the modular pistol would not have been modular. Per P&S it was really close to happening....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Was at my LGS last night and was given a cautionary tale about the X5's....Apparently the week before a customer bought the gun new, took it directly to the on-site range and the gun would not cycle at all. Light strikes, FTE, FTF, nearly every round. Shop was left stuck trying to do right by a customer who's brand new gun didn't work and a company that was not sympathetic to the problems. They reported multiple similar failings with Sig customer service over the last year. Guns being sent in as non-operational and being sent back untouched as "in spec". Just one anecdotal data point, but still worth being aware of if considering a $1000 purchase. Happy to share the name of the shop privately to anyone interested. Didn't want to put them on the hot seat publicly.
    Last edited by Bill; 01-17-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Was at my LGS last night and was given a cautionary tale about the X5's....Apparently the week before a customer bought the gun new, took it directly to the on-site range and the gun would not cycle at all. Light strikes, FTE, FTF, nearly every round. Shop was left stuck trying to do right by a customer who's brand new gun didn't work and a company that was not sympathetic to the problems. They reported multiple similar failings with Sig customer service over the last year. Guns being sent in as non-operational and being sent back untouched as "in spec". Just one anecdotal data point, but still worth being aware of if considering a $1000 purchase. Happy to share the name of the shop privately to anyone interested. Didn't want to put them on the hot seat publicly.
    They're allegedly produced to tighter specs, I know my slide wouldn't seat all the way forward when mine was new, but I'm just over 1K through mine without a single issue/malfunction. I used 147g American Eagle exclusively. I've read on other forums that handloads don't do well until the gun has had several hundred full power loads through it. Any idea what kind of ammo the customer was using? Mine is the older, non-updated version FWIW.

I am under the impression that SIG over springs it's guns.
    The break in on the pretensioned X5s combined with a heavy recoil spring and weaker ammo would be what I examined first. Easy fix, but I can see how that would be frustrating. I prefer using the aftermarket guide rods that accept 1911 recoil spring to facilitate tuning.

User Tag List