Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 X-Five

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Got to handle one of these at Cabelas today along with a p320C RX. I really liked the X5 but for some reason noticed much more slide movement movement when breaking a shot dry than on my early 320C.
    Now the questions are....did you buy it...and can I shoot it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Now the questions are....did you buy it...and can I shoot it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did not. If I do get one, you are welcome to shoot it.

This may be neither here nor there... I have not fired the X5.

A guy at my local steel match shoots a 320x5. He rants and raves about how awesome the pistol is, and talks about it's price tag quite a bit. He and I are both routinely spanked by a gentlemen shooting a police trade in M&P9. I don't think his X5 has taken him from a mediocre shooter to a good shooter. I can say that he is shooting faster with it. He seems to be putting out faster shots than when he was shooting a regular 320, but because of an accuracy issue it's not resulting in any better times for the guy.

I think the X5 is likely a good gun... but I think it takes a skilled person to appreciate any real advantage.

-Cory

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I think the X5 is likely a good gun... but I think it takes a skilled person to appreciate any real advantage.
    That's kind of a given.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

I think it takes a skilled person to appreciate any real advantage.

-Cory
    This is pretty much the basis of pistol forum.

As for the gun, there are gamer guns and there are gamer guns. Is it an X5 or an X5 320 ? The former is a $3k and up, the latter is $899 at Cabelas.

For $899 you get good adjustable sights which can be replaced with an optic, a good trigger and a removable mag well.

A blue label 34 MOS is $627 with tax at my local dealer. By the time you add dawson adjustables, a mag well and a flat trigger you are at or over $899 for a comparable Glock.

The X5 320 appears to be a good value in a gamer gun.

This is pretty much the basis of pistol forum.

As for the gun, there are gamer guns and there are gamer guns. Is it an X5 or an X5 320 ? The former is a $3k and up, the latter is $899 at Cabelas.

For $899 you get good adjustable sights which can be replaced with an optic, a good trigger and a removable mag well.

A blue label 34 MOS is $627 with tax at my local dealer. By the time you add dawson adjustables, a mag well and a flat trigger you are at or over $899 for a comparable Glock.

The X5 320 appears to be a good value in a gamer gun.
    Add 4, 21 round magazines which would easily cost $160.00.

Mike

The shape of the gripframe is completely different as well. It seems to pay dividends in the controllability at speed department. I went to the range with my current range buddy and we moved the X-Carry top end and trigger group back and forth between a Boresight Solutions 320C frame and the X-Carry frame, doing five shot strings starting aimed-in on the target.

I haven't math'ed out all the averages yet, but speeds are faster and dropped shots fewer for both of us with the X-frame. I have a stock frame handy now and want to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The shape of the gripframe is completely different as well. It seems to pay dividends in the controllability at speed department. I went to the range with my current range buddy and we moved the X-Carry top end and trigger group back and forth between a Boresight Solutions 320C frame and the X-Carry frame, doing five shot strings starting aimed-in on the target.

I haven't math'ed out all the averages yet, but speeds are faster and dropped shots fewer for both of us with the X-frame. I have a stock frame handy now and want to try it.
    Is there any particular difference you can seem to pin down as responsible?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Is there any particular difference you can seem to pin down as responsible?
    It's squarer, with flat sides. The beavertail provides a some stability when you grip it way up high. Bruce Gray told me a lot of time and thought (and trial and error) was put into designing the new gripframe, with a specific emphasis on improving recoil control and sight tracking.

The flat sides and the undercut on the triggerguard are what does it for me. I believe that a lower bore axis helps but with proper grip strength applied, bore axis is not that big of a deal. The difference in bore height on the X5 versus the regular 320 isnt really that big of a deal.

User Tag List