Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 X-Five

SIG P320 X-Five

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience between both the Sig P320 and the X-Five counterpart?

I'm aware that the X-Five comes with adjustable sights, but was wondering if there are any other differences (apart from the barrel length, etc) - such as Adjustable trigger weight / length / etc. If the trigger pull is any different or feels the same as the other P320's, or whether the reset is different / adjustable / etc - or just what the general opinion is of the X-Five?

You might search out the thread titled X-Carry, as a few of us posted our impressions.

Summary:
    Pro:
    -Grip frame- shape in hand, ease of reload
    -Adjustable sights
    -Flat trigger shape
    -Accuracy

Neutral:
    -Trigger pull feel- might be slightly lighter than standard P320
    -The trigger is no more or less adjustable than the standard P320

Negative:
    -Magazine incompatibility with standard P320 unless standard mag floor plates are modified/replaced
    -VERY tight lock-up requires break in period with full power ammo
    -Difficult to impossible to find Romeo1 sight to retro-fit
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

This was a pretty decent review below, but DpdG summarized the points pretty well it seems.

http://thrumylens.org/featured/revie...r-p320-x-five/

https://youtu.be/vfFIozHThiU

The removable mag well and grip weight are interesting features. And, the included extended slide release.
    Legal in IDPA for ESP. Grip weights are illegal in IDPA but this one comes standard, but is removeable...under review.
    SSP Division legal with mag well is also under review.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Just picked mine up, fantastic! Can't wait to shoot it. Of course, the P320 holster I had for the full size didn't fit, but was curious if anyone else's P320 holster fits the X5? Particularly in need of a AIWB holster

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just picked mine up, fantastic! Can't wait to shoot it. Of course, the P320 holster I had for the full size didn't fit, but was curious if anyone else's P320 holster fits the X5? Particularly in need of a AIWB holster
    Should just be some subtle differences.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    This is a full-size P320 slide on an X-Carry frame in a Dark Star Gear P320 holster. The regular X-Five, what with being a full 5" gun instead of a 4.75" one, might bottom out on closed-bottom holsters. A friend just got an X-Five and I'll try it in this holster, but looking at the muzzle end, the slide'll probably be too long.

Name:  xcarry in dsg.jpg
Views: 2683
Size:  54.7 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Incidentally, that's a full-size .357SIG slide on the X-Carry frame. The .357SIG really highlights the improvement in control of the re-contoured X-frame, at least subjectively. It'll be interesting to put it on the clock with both the regular and X-series frames and see what the reduction in split times looks like with different shooters...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Comp-Tac has one.

Site Supporter
    Got to handle one of these at Cabelas today along with a p320C RX. I really liked the X5 but for some reason noticed much more slide movement movement when breaking a shot dry than on my early 320C.

User Tag List