Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP-5 Clones

I don't have a ton of experience with custom builds the only comparison I have is with a Gilliebear build that a friend owned and an SP89 my brother owns. Here's mine laid out on the wife's yoga mat in our home gym. I decided to leave it in a pistol config until it's properly vetted. I've got to pick up a 3 lug adapter for the 9K so I don't know if the lugs are to spec. I hope so. It's an Omega and does not rate highly on the Pro scale of clones. I read some negative comments about Omega's owner and past builds but Atlantic Tactical is great to deal with and they are completely backing the guns. The welds are decent for the price point, $1600ish if you care. The gun has been running without any issues and I really like the paint. It is tough as nails. Only down side is some of the components are definitely secondary market and look it. For example my lower, it looks like it was kicked across the concrete at some point but was cleaned up. It is kind of unsat in some ways but it is literally 1/2 the cost of the competition so there are trade offs and I'm not really griping about it. Again it's just a range toy not a collectors piece.

I only have about 1K through it, about half suppressed and half unsuppressed and it runs like a top. Roller locks are some much damn fun. I was looking at DT and a few other custom builds but if it is going to literally just be a range toy sans a registered pack why bother dropping 3-4K? For the entry level clone I'd say its pretty close to a fair price. I forgot how much I love roller lock guns, makes me sick I sold of my P9s collection. Fun guns to shoot for sure.

Attachment 27278
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-19-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Did we ever figure out the issue?
    Part issue, fixed and running fine now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Have recently added a KAC foreend and FBI lower to my Zenith. Still running great.

Name:  IMG_5954.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  87.7 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Have recently added a KAC foreend and FBI lower to my Zenith. Still running great.

Name:  IMG_5954.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  87.7 KB

Nice stick, JS. Any issues with getting the FBI trigger group to fit? I recall someone on LF having issues with the weld on the back of the magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Nice stick, JS. Any issues with getting the FBI trigger group to fit? I recall someone on LF having issues with the weld on the back of the magwell.
    The fit was unquestionably tight, but it went on without any mods. The pin definitely needs more force to insert and remove, but again, it fits.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List