Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LCP II Carry Safely?

I really appreciate the responses. Years ago, I had an original LCP that went back to Ruger for the recall, but I gave it to my little brother about 4yrs ago and he's carried it in a pocket holster at work ever since.

I haven't laid hands on an LCP2...I'll try to change that this weekend. I didn't realize that the hammer engagement was so different until I read through this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I really appreciate the responses. Years ago, I had an original LCP that went back to Ruger for the recall, but I gave it to my little brother about 4yrs ago and he's carried it in a pocket holster at work ever since.

I haven't laid hands on an LCP2...I'll try to change that this weekend. I didn't realize that the hammer engagement was so different until I read through this thread.
    Between the "hammer catch" (Schematic part # 27) and the tabbed trigger... I don't loose sleep about pocket carrying an LCP II in a quality pocket holster.

I've got around 1,400 rounds through my LCP II so far... and I'm not sure I would recommend one.

Mine works now, but it took a lot of tinkering, a trip back to Ruger, and some very careful inspection to figure out what was going on with mine. Its now at around 500 consecutive rounds without any stoppage or malfunction.

My old LCP 1 had around 1,500 rounds through it, and it worked well after about 300 rounds. Broke an extractor at around 800 (gun was then a single shot until Ruger sent me a replacement part), and a takedown pin at around 1,400.

I put the time and pain and money into the LCP II because it works much better for my hand size. I think the LCP original design might be a better bet.

However, in my opinion... any LCP is always a gamble.
    Last edited by SecondHandSmoke; 10-18-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Just ordered an LCP ii for the wife. She likes to have a full grip when shooting. Will I need to get a grip extension for her or will the factory mag with the pinky thingy allow her to get a full grip? She’s 5’2” and her palm is 2 3/8” wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Just ordered an LCP ii for the wife. She likes to have a full grip when shooting. Will I need to get a grip extension for her or will the factory mag with the pinky thingy allow her to get a full grip? She’s 5’2” and her palm is 2 3/8” wide.
    I get 2 fingers comfortably with the finger rest bottom on my mag. It comes with 2 mags and 4 magazine bottoms-2 flat and 2 with finger extensions.

I recommend the Hogue grip cover. It made mine much nicer to shoot.

Have her wrap a Band aid or a piece of tape around her trigger finger at the first crease. The piece twists and you can get some trigger slap/rubbing.

Hogue Grips all the way

I second the Hogue grip as said above. It makes a world of difference. My wife would not shoot it again until I convinced her to try it with the new grips. The LCP2 can be a tad snappy and she didn't like the feedback until the grips went on.

Name:  IMG_0146.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  35.1 KB

I like the Hogue grip on the LCP II but without the finger ridge:

Name:  P1100935.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  102.6 KB

User Tag List