Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APEX Glock connector?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    So much is personal preference. I have Glock "-" in every serious Glock I own. I much prefer the smoother break in both the 3rd and 4th gen guns.

I agree that the dot connector in the 4th gen guns feels like an improvement over the stock 3rd gen guns.
    I had a NY trigger in my Gen 2 G19 but when I recently sent the gun in for warranty repair, frame replacement and updated internals it came back with a dot connector in the Gen 3 frame. Is this standard in the Gen 3's or something they upgraded to?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I had a NY trigger in my Gen 2 G19 but when I recently sent the gun in for warranty repair, frame replacement and updated internals it came back with a dot connector in the Gen 3 frame. Is this standard in the Gen 3's or something they upgraded to?
    Good question. I don't know but I'm sure someone here knows the answer. I haven't bought a new gen 3 Glock in a LONG time. All of my new Glocks have been gen 4. I have a 2nd gen 19 and a 3rd gen 17 and 34 that have some sentimental value, but really tend to prefer the 4th gen guns now.

It wouldn't surprise me if Glock consolidated connectors. How does the dot feel in the 3rd gen?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Good question. I don't know but I'm sure someone here knows the answer. I haven't bought a new gen 3 Glock in a LONG time. All of my new Glocks have been gen 4. I have a 2nd gen 19 and a 3rd gen 17 and 34 that have some sentimental value, but really tend to prefer the 4th gen guns now.

It wouldn't surprise me if Glock consolidated connectors. How does the dot feel in the 3rd gen?
    Huge improvement over the NY trigger setup I had in the 19 previously. (This had been mandated by the agency.)

I mentioned this elsewhere, Ken, but it's worth repeating even though it's a sampling of one...

I have 3 Glocks. A Gen 2 G19, a Gen 2.5 G26 and a Gen 4 G17.

The Gen 4 G17 is the the best shooting Glock I've ever handled. (It's entirely stock but for sights, Gadget and grip plug. Same with the others.)

Prior to my returning the G19 for warranty service, for several years I shot the G19 and the G26 on a par with one another...with the G26 often having higher qual scores.

Once I got the G19 sorted out upon its return from Smyrna, the above is no longer the case. The upgraded to Gen 3 G19, (same slide and barrel but all new frame and internals), is much more accurate, (in my hands), than the G26. This has never been the case prior to the frame change and swap of the innards.

I believe the G19 can give the G17 a run for the money now...where I would not have said the same prior to the warranty work. I love the way this gun performs now.

When I took it out this week to test it with 147gr HSTs I was really impressed with the groups. I did find that I shoot a little lower than my POA with the Trijicon HDs but I'm still getting used to them. (I was only shooting at defensive ranges of 10 to 15 yards on a B-8 at a brisk tempo. Everything in the black but I grouped a bit low.)
    Last edited by blues; 05-14-2017 at 01:17 PM.

I've been using the Tarran Tactical connectors in my gen4 Glocks. My only gen3 Glock left is an early gen3 19, which has an older "-" connector in it.

I bought a new gen4 Glock 26 last year and have left it stock, except for the sights. I detail stripped it, cleaned it and put a slight amount of grease on all the parts that one would polish when doing the $.25 trigger job. After dry firing the crap out of it and putting a few hundred rounds through it, I detail stripped and cleaned it again. After lubing it with a needle oiler to ensure I get the lube in the right places, I'm extremely happy with the results. So much so that I have no intention of putting an aftermarket connector in the gun.

Blues, Glad to hear that the rebuilt Glock 19 is working out for you as well as it appears to. But I'm kind of surprised to hear they put a dot connector in a gen3 frame. This has me curious if they are putting the dot connectors in all new gen 3 frames. If they are, I would assume it's as a cost saving measure, so as to stock just the one part.

Personally, I really like the gen4 G19's over the gen3 G19's. I've been wanting to pick up a gen4 Glock 17 just to mess around with. The only thing stopping me is the potential of a gen5 release. That has peaked my curiosity, so I'll wait a couple of months.

Yesterday I ran the (excellent!!!) HiTS Super Test for the first time with the TTI-equipped gun and posted scores of 278, 282, and 284. I was very pleased with the trigger's roll in live fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Blues, Glad to hear that the rebuilt Glock 19 is working out for you as well as it appears to. But I'm kind of surprised to hear they put a dot connector in a gen3 frame. This has me curious if they are putting the dot connectors in all new gen 3 frames. If they are, I would assume it's as a cost saving measure, so as to stock just the one part.
    I think I must be imagining things. I just checked the relevant page of the invoice of replaced parts and it shows Part 343...so I'm pretty sure I must have misspoken. Worse yet, I don't think my wife handed me a drink until after I posted the misinformation so I've no excuse. (There's a second page of replaced parts in addition to this page.)

Regardless, the G19 as received back beats the pants off the gun I shipped to Smyrna. (Maybe the barrel's just supported better.)

Last edited by blues; 05-14-2017 at 03:32 PM.

The important thing is that the gun has been improved enough that you enjoy shooting it more now. I would say that for the cost of shipping, you ended up doing rather well on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    The important thing is that the gun has been improved enough that you enjoy shooting it more now. I would say that for the cost of shipping, you ended up doing rather well on the deal.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When I took it out this week to test it with 147gr HSTs I was really impressed with the groups. I did find that I shoot a little lower than my POA with the Trijicon HDs but I'm still getting used to them. (I was only shooting at defensive ranges of 10 to 15 yards on a B-8 at a brisk tempo. Everything in the black but I grouped a bit low.)
    I would shoot again, carefully, before making any conclusions, for the following reasons:

1) HST 147 typically shoots several inches higher at 25 yards than 115/124.

2) Glock 19 pistols often shoot high, and require a taller front sight.

3) Stock HD sights come with a .215 front, and a .230 is often required to get POA/POI at 25, especially with a 19.

4) (Unrelated, but perhaps interesting, I have it on good authority that the G26 is the most accurate Glock 9mm pistol.)

For all these reasons, I recommend you carefully shoot 147 HST through your G19 at a B8 at 25, and see what you get. I have different Glock pistols with .200, .215, .230 and maybe even .245 front sights, so anything is possible!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would shoot again, carefully, before making any conclusions, for the following reasons...(snip)
    Oh, I'll definitely be shooting again, George...that's why I bought a case...but I don't plan on switching sights at the cost of doing all three Glocks. (I've been shooting this gun since 1989 with OEM sights, only the last month or two with HDs and only three or four times since the warranty work done in Smyrna.)

I wasn't taking much time but taking the shots pretty much as soon as i could get the sights back where I wanted them.

Possible that I was pushing the muzzle down a bit in my haste...we shall see. Even so, for the purposes of strictly defensive shooting I was satisfied with the performance given it was the first time out with this round.

I'll try to get out with it this week, weather permitting.
    Last edited by blues; 05-14-2017 at 07:28 PM.

User Tag List