Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APEX Glock connector?

I ordered a TTI connector tonight to try out in my practice gun. Thanks for the input, guys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    While I love the Apex trigger in my S&W and their Glock extractor/plungers are awesome their Glock trigger was a big fat meh to me. It just didn't feel like that much of an improvement over my stock "-" set up.
    This has been my experience as well.
    Polite Professional

No experience with the Apex or TTI, but very pleased with the rolling break the Ghost Pro 3.3 provides. Consistent pull weight, breaks at the end of the pull, no wall, short reset.

Glock 19 Gen 4
    SSVi TYR trigger
    Gen 3 trigger bar
    Wolff RP striker block spring
    Wolff XP trigger spring
    Stock Glock striker spring

No experience with Apex, Ghost etc aftermarket action components on my Glocks by deliberate choice. The OEM dot connector provides a very nice rolling break on my Gen4 G22; going to a minus connector is not recommended, as it reportedly provides a mushy break.

All of my OEM connectors, when treated with either TW25B or Lucas Red & Tacky #2 to the triggerbar/connector interface areas provide excellent triggerpulls when the gun/parts are broken in-after about 500 rounds, or by dryfire.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    No experience with Apex, Ghost etc aftermarket action components on my Glocks by deliberate choice. The OEM dot connector provides a very nice rolling break on my Gen4 G22; going to a minus connector is not recommended, as it reportedly provides a mushy break.

All of my OEM connectors, when treated with either TW25B or Lucas Red & Tacky #2 to the triggerbar/connector interface areas provide excellent triggerpulls when the gun/parts are broken in-after about 500 rounds, or by dryfire.

Best, Jon
    I have a minus connector in a G17 gen 4 and its not mushy at all. Crisp in fact. I did install an Overwatch trigger at the same time.

Best, Jon
    I have two Gen 4 G17s. One with about 19,000 on it, the other with about 4,000 on it (by me at least -- was purchased used but in good condition). The 4K gun actually has a pretty good rolling break. The 19K gun has a break that feels like snapping a pencil in half unless I pull from the very bottom of the trigger. Neither gun has had any mods to the trigger apart from a fresh TRS on the 19K gun. I do periodically put grease on the connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I've been using the Taran Tactical Innovations connector since the fall of 2013 and it has a nice rolling break.
    I've also used the Taran Tactical connector in all of my Glock's. Gen4 models. All other internal parts are OEM stock. Very pleased with the result and with the consistency I get form one gun's trigger pull to another.

Received and installed the TTI. Initial impression is that the break is exactly what I was looking for, though I wouldn't mind some additional weight on the takeup. Thanks for the recommendation.

Picked up two Apex connectors and installed them in a G19 gen. 4 and a G26 gen. 4. There's a noticeable improvement in the G26 trigger--it's almost like a short double action pull--a smooth rolling trigger with no distinctive break and no stacking. The G19 has a noticeable break--not sure if it's an improvement over the factory connector or not.

Reset on both pistols strong and distinct, like a typical Glock reset with a firm click.

There does seem to be some increased drag on the slides--if you crack the slides of both guns (as if you were chamber-checking the weapon or pulling the slide just far enough to reset the trigger when dry firing), the guns will usually remain about 1/4" to 1/8" out of battery if you ease the slide forward. Both pistols have only a few hundred rounds on the recoil springs, and would return to battery easily before installation. The extra resistance seems to be right at the beginning of the slide's motion--once you clear the initial hump, the actions cycle as usual.

I'm planning to function test the G26 sometime this week--I'll report my observations under live fire once I do.
    Last edited by Sero Sed Serio; 05-14-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Best, Jon
    So much is personal preference. I have Glock "-" in every serious Glock I own. I much prefer the smoother break in both the 3rd and 4th gen guns.

I agree that the dot connector in the 4th gen guns feels like an improvement over the stock 3rd gen guns.

User Tag List