Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Holster Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    IMHO kydex/boltaron help to an extent but can be a little weird too depending on pants. No issues with heat, it takes more than you can bear to cause issues.
    I wasn't worried about the holster's integrity, I was worrying about my leg's and heat rash!

I'm also a fan of the PocketShield, but that BFG rig looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like my Aholster. Another good option is https://mikaspocketholsters.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I also like my Aholster. Another good option is https://mikaspocketholsters.com.
    I have both and like both. The Mika makes my leg feel a little sweatier in recent humidity here in NC. That said, I like having the option of each...and the excellent Dark Star Gear holster for appendix wear to round out the group.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    the excellent Dark Star Gear holster for appendix wear to round out the group.
    Good reminder that I still need to pick up one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Good reminder that I still need to pick up one of these.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    I'm homing in on a pocket 380 - most likely a Glock G42 or a Ruger LCP II - but the pistol choice isn't my question, it's the holster.

First, is kydex too hot, sweaty, for pocket carry?

Second, what are some recommendations for right front pocket leather for these two pistols, and perhaps kydex (if it isn't too hot), please?

I've pocket-carried a Seecamp LWS for years in an Aker leather holster so I know what I'm getting into, thanks. (The current Aker has changed a bit and doesn't work for me.) Also, I understand the Ruger comes with a pocket holster, so I'm looking to improve on that, if possible.

Kydex wasn't too sweaty for me, but it seemed to slide more on the draw, at least in the ones I tried, but it was also easier to get out of the pocket to reholster. So I got a 'grippier' one made completely out of mold to go with the fungi grip. This is the one I use for the 42:

Last edited by critter; 05-08-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    aholster makes a fine, thin lightweight kydex holster for pocket carry. I haven't noticed it being too hot or sweaty. In fact it is less so than one of my other pocket holsters which is made of synthetic material.

I learned of the holster from a handful of other members and have been very pleased with it.

Just picked up my first pocket 🔫 today (SW340). Will definitely order this to try out. 🔥🙏
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 01-07-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    Just picked up my first pocket 🔫 today (SW340). Will definitely order this to try out. 🔥🙏
    Just bear in mind that its sole purpose is to keep the gun oriented and ready for presentation from the pocket. There is virtually no retention...so if you are in a scrum, there's a good chance, (depending on your pocket), that the firearm will end up on the ground if it's not already in your hand.

That aside, it's an excellent little pocket holster despite the fact that I carry my 642 AIWB most days.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    Has anyone tried the backbone from aholster for a j frame?
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 01-07-2019 at 07:06 PM.

User Tag List